What are Passages Resource Centres?
Passages Resource Centres are referral services that provide marginalised and street present young people aged 12 to 25 years with a safe, friendly and positive place to access essential support to enable them to make informed decisions and adopt safer and healthier lifestyles.
Services offered are:
• Kitchen, bathroom and laundry facilities
• Computer and Internet access
• Phone and mail collection
• Informal workshops and activities including healthy cooking, recreation, health and well being
• Passages also hosts a range of visiting agencies that provide regular outreach sessions to help young people on site including medical advice, legal, financial assistance
What are the benefits of accessing this service?
Passages aims to engage street present young people to build relationships and offer practical assistance and support, while identifying needs and issues. These are commonly to do with homelessness, but may also include legal problems, health issues, unemployment, mental health, substance abuse, personal relationships, family breakdowns and general day to day living.
What is the history of Passages Resource Centres?
Passages Resource Centres are a joint venture between the St Vincent de Paul Society in Western Australia and the Rotary Club of Perth. Passages Northbridge was established in 1999 and Passages Peel opened in 2012.
How can I assist Passages?
The community can support Passages in the following ways:
• Material donations such as travel size toiletries, socks, thongs, blankets, clothing and towels
• Financial donations
• Corporate partnerships and volunteering
• Supporting events such as the annual Passages Race Day through sponsorship opportunities or items for the auctions and raffles
• Subscribe to the bi-annual Passages Newsletter
Where are Passages located & what are the opening hours?
22 Palmerston Street Northbridge WA 6003
Telephone: (08) 9228 1478
Facsimile: (08) 9228 9572
20 Davey Street Mandurah WA 6210
Telephone: (08) 9583 5160
Facsimile: (08) 9583 5170
Monday to Thursday: 9am - 12pm and 1pm - 4pm (closed between 12pm - 1pm)
Friday: 9am - 1pm (Northbridge Only).