What can I do?
There are a wide variety of volunteering opportunities. Depending on what’s available in your location, they include:
- Working in a Vinnies Shop or depot
- Working in a call centre or support centre
- Helping one of our soup vans
- Tutoring refugee families
- Working in a family support, aged care or youth program
- Taking disadvantaged children out on outings
- Helping with day-to-day admin
- Befriend a person living with mental illness
Mobile soup vans
Night patrol provides mobile outreach offering refreshments and friendly faces to people on the streets. The Night Patrol team are made up of enthusiastic and compassionate volunteers from within the community who receive specialised training to help support those in need.
What’s the next step?
It’s easy to get started as a Vinnies volunteer. Simply click on one of the links below to be taken to your state or territory’s volunteer page. It will have all the information you need to make a difference in someone’s life.