What is Vinnies Youth?
Vinnies Youth run a variety of programs that target the needs of disadvantaged young people aged 8 to 15 years. The programs provide young people with the opportunity to experience educational and recreational activities in a safe environment, a chance to learn basic life skills like teamwork, and the opportunity to feel proud of themselves, all while having a heap of fun.
Programs and activities include:
• Camps - Vinnies Youth volunteers plan and run Kids Camps for 8 to 12 year olds and Teen Camps for 13 – 15 year olds. The camps range in length from four to five days and are aimed at providing fun, recreational activities for disadvantaged young people within a safe and encouraging environment.
• Events - Vinnies Youth runs events throughout the year aimed specifically at supporting volunteers on their journey. Events are a chance for volunteers to learn more about social justice issues and the work of the Society, and to develop an understanding of the spirituality of the Society. They are also a great way to stay connected with the Society and other volunteers, and to learn about further volunteering opportunities beyond Vinnies Youth.
Can I volunteer for Vinnies Youth?
Being a Vinnies Youth Volunteer is a truly life changing experience for both the volunteer and people they assist. Vinnies Youth is a Child Safe organisation and volunteers must comply with the following process:
• Be over 16 years of age
• Complete a Volunteer Application Form
• Complete a Working with Children Check
• Complete a National Police Clearance
• Attend program specific training that is provided by the Society
• Abide by the ethos and standards of the St Vincent de Paul Society
• Be positive and ready to have a good time
Watch our video here to learn more about volunteering with Vinnies Youth.
To register your interest email email@example.com.
How can I find out more?
For further information, please contact Vinnies Youth by phone (08) 6323 7500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org