Tom Fisher House
Named after one of the St Vincent de Paul Society's (WA) longest serving volunteers Tom Fisher, the service was opened June 2016 to help rough sleeping individuals and couples.
What we do
Tom Fisher House can provide up to 7 nights stay and offers:
- Basic needs including showers, laundry, food, clothes, mailing address, and computers - just to name a few.
- Support staff to build a trust and rapport with residents whilst developing plans focussed on helping them out of homelessness.
- Referrals and pathways to other specialist services such as doctors, drug & alcohol support, and mental health aid.
- Collaborative care involving feedback to case managers working with residents.
How we work
Tom Fisher House uses a low threshold approach which enables people with complex needs to engage in the service by reducing the barriers and restrictions to access the service.
Who we work with
Tom Fisher House is for long-term rough sleepers with complex needs. It accommodates up to 12 people including men, women and couples. The service also accepts people with dogs.
How you can refer
Tom Fisher House only accepts referrals from specialist Street to Home and outreach teams. Street to Home and outreach services are connected to the following day centres:
- Passages Resource Centre (for young people)
- Ruah Centre
- St Pats
Phone: (08) 9227 1445