Your carpentry skills, your plumbing skills or simply your muscle and enthusiasm will make a huge difference to the effective delivery of our services. We have a full range of projects that would greatly benefit from your expertise.
The Maintenance Officer is responsible for grounds keeping and general upkeep of the gardens, as well as completing minor maintenance and repairs on our buildings.
- Carry out garden maintenance on our properties
- Complete specific duties including general maintenance, painting and garden maintenance
- Carry out cyclical and emergency maintenance on Society premises as directed
- Conduct cleaning and minor day-to-day maintenance of Society managed properties
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Effectively able to adapt to change in work priorities, style and environment and to show initiative and creativity
- Effective oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills and the ability to operate independently and as a team member to meet job deadlines
- Ability to work within the philosophy of the St Vincent de Paul Society and in accordance with policy and procedures to promote the values and mission of the Society
- Relevant experience in maintenance activities
- Suitable National Police History Check, Current driver’s license and Ochre Card
- Displays a professional, positive, proactive attitude and willingness to invest extra effort when required
- A “can-do” attitude
- Adapts to change in work priorities, style and environment and shows initiative and creativity
- Genuine respect for all people regardless of their situation with understanding of privacy for all tenants and clients
- Ability to work with Society personnel, including other volunteers Additional Position Requirements
- Work is to be performed in accordance with all Society policies and procedures and legislative requirements including safety and environmental responsibilities
- Participate in staff training and development that include tool-box talks
How can I volunteer for this service?
We are always looking for new volunteers who are willing to lend a hand.
For more information on volunteering, please call us on 08 8984 8100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org