Decided it’s time to declutter? Or the kids of outgrown their clothes but they’re still in excellent condition? By donating your pre-loved items to Vinnies they will get a new life, support Australians doing it tough and reduce landfill and the impact on the environment.
Vinnies shops need your good quality items to help fund Vinnies programs across the country that support 1.3 million vulnerable Australians each year.
What can I donate?
When considering whether something can be donated to Vinnies, our rule of thumb is if you’d give it to a friend, then it’s ok to give to Vinnies.
- Men’s, women’s and children’s clothing and accessories
- Homewares, including manchester
- Kids toys
- Books, CDs and DVDs
- Furniture (check your local Vinnies is able to take furniture)
- Electrical appliances (some Vinnies shops take electrical goods, please call your local shop before dropping off)
What can’t I donate?
It takes a lot of money and volunteer hours for the thousands of tonnes of items we get that aren’t sellable. Please do not donate any of the following:
- Ripped, torn, soiled or stained clothing
- Broken, ripped or stained furniture
- Cracked or broken homewares
- Stained bedding including mattresses
- Green waste
- Household waste
- Computers, printers and scanners
How do I donate to Vinnies shops?
You can drop off your wonderful donations of good quality clothes and household items to your local Vinnies shop during business hours.
You can also place donations into the donation bins provided, however if they are full please do not leave donations outside the bins as they are likely to get damaged due to the weather/environment and we’ll have to take them to landfill.
Can you pick up donations from my home?
Some of our Vinnies shops are able to offer pickup, however that is limited by our resources. Call 13 18 12 and select option 3.
Please call 13 18 12 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Find your local Vinnies, opening hours and contact details by entering your postcode here or call 13 18 12 and select option 3.