Nationally, the St Vincent de Paul Society offers in excess of two hundred programs and services designed to help those who are socially excluded and marginalised. We do this by respecting people's dignity, sharing our hope, and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
To see a full list of services provided by the Society in your state or territory click on the links below.
Summary of services
- Housing and homelessness services - From WA to SA in the west to NT and QLD in the Top End, across Australia Vinnies provides accommodation and a variety of services for single men and women, women and children, two parent families, men with children and young men and women to become homeless or at risk of homelessness.
- Food - Vinnies provides all kinds of nourishment. We provide food and friendship to people in their homes and also operate soup vans in some states and territories in Australia. We do so with the generous support of our many volunteers, sponsors, donors and suppliers.
- Addiction - In certain states we have services for people experiencing multiple types of disadvantage, including addiction. Addiction refers to a range of behaviours, from substance misuse to gambling.
- Aged care - The Society has a strong commitment to supporting people as they grow older. Aged care accommodation or services for seniors are offered by the Society in NSW, TAS, QLD and more.
- Disability employment - Our services operating in VIC, TAS and NSW provide opportunities for people living with a disability to integrate and socialise with the broader community.
- Finances - Financial counselling and related services are offered by the Society in NSW and QLD but people experiencing financial stress can contact the Society regardless of where they live in Australia.
- Health and wellbeing - In most States the Society offers services such as family and children's activities. A friendship program, called Compeer also operates in VIC, QLD, ACT and NSW.
- General support - As part of our general support services to the most vulnerable among us, Vinnies has a number of programs that we call our Special Works. Please contact the Society in your area for more information.