Home and Garden Maintenance
As you age your risk of a fall or injury increases and you can no longer easily manage household jobs such as the upkeep of lawns or clipping of bushes.
To support you to live safely and in the comfort of your home, we offer Home and Garden Maintenance services for residents across Darwin and Palmerston who qualify.
This service is available to those who live in their own home, a retirement village, independent living unit or a rental property. For those residents living in rental properties, we can only undertake maintenance services such as gardening services. Any repairs to a rental property can only be undertaken if approval has been provided by the landlord.
The Home and Garden Maintenance services we provide include:
Help in the home
- Changing faulty light bulbs
- Ceiling fan and window cleaning
- Smoke alarm installation and battery replacement
- Door repairs
- Repair and construction of steps
- Shower curtain rods and fitting installation
- Attaching key guards and weather strips
- Clothes line re-stringing
- Gutter cleaning
Help in the garden
- Lawn mowing
- Shrub and hedge trimming
- Garden bed spray weeding
- General tidy up
Minor plumbing repairs
- Dripping tap repairs
- Tap repairs and replacements
- Cistern repairs and replacements
Minor electrical repairs
- Wiring of smoke alarm
- Light switch and fitting repairs
- Sensor light replacements and repairs
- Powerpoint repairs and replacements.
Cost of services
At the Society, we have been contracted by the Federal Government to deliver these Home and Garden Maintenance services through the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP).
These services are subsidised by CHSP, however, you will be required to make a small contribution to the cost of the service you receive, and any materials used.
How to apply
For more information
Call us on 08 8948 8100 or email email@example.com