Since its inception over 50 years ago, Bethlehem House has:
- Provided short-term accommodation: Bethlehem House provides safe, comfortable, and supportive short-term accommodation for men who are experiencing homelessness or are at risk of homelessness. Most residents remain at Bethlehem House until they find work or secure independence, often through a more permanent housing solution.
- Offered support and guidance: Bethlehem House staff work closely with residents to identify their needs and goals, and to provide support and guidance as they work towards greater stability and independence. This valuable support work may include help with accessing healthcare, employment services, and other community resources.
- Provided meals and amenities: Bethlehem House provides residents with nutritional meals each day, as well as other residential facilities, such as laundry facilities and other amenities to help them feel comfortable and remain healthy as they get their lives back on track into a regular routine during their stay.
- Offered a welcoming and supportive environment: Bethlehem House strives to provide a welcoming and supportive environment for all residents. Staff and volunteers work together to create a sense of community and belonging, and to foster a positive, respectful, non-judgemental atmosphere for everyone.
Some of the duties that Bethlehem House volunteers may take on include:
- Assist with meal preparation and service: Volunteers can help prepare and serve meals for residents, ensuring that they have access to nutritious and satisfying food during their stay.
- Provide companionship and support: Volunteers can spend time with residents, offering a listening ear, friendly conversation, and emotional support. This can help residents to feel more connected and less isolated during their stay.
- Help with gardening, cleaning and maintenance: Volunteers can assist with general home-making activities including gardening, cleaning and maintaining the Bethlehem House facilities, ensuring that residents have a bright, clean and safe place to stay.
- Offer administrative support: Volunteers can help with administrative tasks such as answering phones, filing, and data entry, freeing up staff time to focus on providing direct support to residents.
- Organise fundraising and donation drives: Volunteers can help organise and promote fundraising and donation drives to support Bethlehem House and its residents.
Bethlehem House volunteers can play an important role in supporting residents and helping to create a welcoming and supportive environment. By volunteering your time and skills, you can make a real difference in the lives of men who are experiencing homelessness or are at risk of homelessness.
If you're looking for a way to make a real difference in the lives of men who are experiencing homelessness or are at risk of homelessness, consider volunteering at Bethlehem House. It might be just the rewarding volunteering experience you are looking for. Here are a few good reasons why you should consider volunteering at Bethlehem House:
- Make a meaningful impact: By volunteering your time and skills, you can make a real difference in the lives of men who are experiencing homelessness. Whether you're serving meals, providing companionship, or helping with administrative tasks, your efforts will help to create a more welcoming and supportive environment for residents.
- Build relationships: Volunteering at Bethlehem House provides an opportunity to build relationships with residents, staff, and other volunteers. You'll have the chance to meet people from all walks of life and to learn from their experiences.
- Learn new skills: Volunteering can also be a great way to learn new skills and gain experience in a variety of areas. Whatever your interests and motivations, there is always something new to learn at Bethlehem House.
- Give back to your community: Volunteering at Bethlehem House is a way to give back to your community and to support those who really are most in need. You'll be part of a great team that is dedicated to creating positive change and to making a real difference in the lives of men at risk.
So, if you're looking for a way to make a difference, build relationships, learn new skills, and give back to your community, consider volunteering at Bethlehem House. Your time and efforts will be greatly appreciated, and you'll be making a meaningful impact in the lives of men who are experiencing homelessness or are at risk of homelessness. To get started, register your interest above and our Volunteer Campaign Coordinator will contact you.