What is the Mitchell Warehouse?
The Mitchell Warehouse is located at 32 Buckland St., Mitchell ACT and is the main distribution point for material donations including clothing, books, collectables, manchester, bric-a-brac and furniture. Donations are used for emergency support to people in need or sold for a wide range of uses including through the Vinnies Shops (furniture not available in all shops).
How can I support Mitchell Warehouse?
You can support Mitchell Warehouse by dropping your donations off at the depot in Mitchell. Clothing and bric-a-brac can be taken to your local Vinnies Shop or donation bin. Please visit the find your local Vinnies search for the contact details and opening hours of your local Vinnies. To become a volunteer, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator by phone on (02) 6234 7348 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What can I donate to Mitchell Warehouse?
- Good quality furniture - unsoiled, undamaged
- Good quality clothing – unsoiled and untorn
- Bric-a-brac - in good condition
- Books - in good condition
What can’t I donate to Mitchell Warehouse?
- Electrical items
- Mattresses - due to health and safety regulations and dignity of the people we assist
- Children’s prams, highchairs, car seats, cots, etc.
- Bikes and safety equipment
- Bunk beds, trundle beds and sofa beds
- Broken or damaged items
How does the practice of dumping affect Vinnies?
The Society has a major problem with rubbish dumping. All items that we are unable to use have to be transported to the local tip and disposed of at considerable expense.
How can I find out more?
For further information, please contact Mitchell Warehouse by phone on (02) 6234 7310 or email email@example.com.