Anyone affected by the recent bushfire emergency should contact Vinnies on 13 18 12 for assistance.
If you have been affected by the fires and suffered property loss or damage or require other support, click here to apply for assistance.
For information on assistance from the federal government, click here.
Vinnies members are present in communities big and small throughout Australia, and always ready to support locals in times of hardship.
We are currently offering emergency assistance for people affected by the bushfires. We are able to offer immediate support including:
- Food and grocery vouchers
- Clothing, blankets and other essentials
- Financial assistance to pay bills
- Emotional support and a shoulder to lean on
- Referrals to an extensive network of other providers to cover crisis accommodation
For assistance specific to your local area, please refer to the drop down boxes below.
We are doing our best to keep this information up to date, but please understand that details are changing regularly, so we recommend calling ahead if possible.
Please see these handouts for information on how the government and other organisations that may be able to assist:
- Australian Government Services in Response to the Bushfires Part A: Support for Residents
- Australian Government Services in Response to the Bushfires Part B: Support for Small Business
- Australian Government Services in Response to the Bushfires Part C: Support for Indigenous Residents
- Flyer from the Shoalcoast Community Legal Centre
- Information from the NSW Government
- Batemans Bay
Location: Back entrance of Vinnies Batemans Bay, 63 Orient St, Batemans Bay NSW 2536
For appointment, present at back of shop between 9am – 11:30am Monday – Thursday
Location: St Bede's presbytery (behind St Bede's Church) Lascelles Street, Braidwood NSW 2622
Please call 6234 7459 to book an appointment to see a Vinnies volunteer
Interviews are on Fridays 11am – 1pm
Location: Vinnies Cooma, 27-29 Vale Street, Cooma NSW 2630
Please call 6234 7420 to find out exact days and times when a Vinnies volunteer will be present at the shop
- Eden & Merimbula
Location: Drop In Centre, Twofold Arcade, Imlay Street, Eden NSW 2551
Contact Number: 0476 902 943
Location: Vinnies Merimbula, 82 Main St, Merimbula NSW 2548
Please call 6497 5050 before 10am and you will be given a number and a time for an appointment
Location: Vinnies Moruya, 37 Queen Street, Moruya NSW 2537
For appointment, please call 6234 7400 Monday, Wednesday and Friday 10am – 12 noon
Location: Vinnies Narooma, 9 Canty Street, Narooma NSW 2546
Please call 0400 451 548 (Mon – Fri between 2pm and 4pm) to book an appointment to see a Vinnies volunteer
Location: Conference Centre Blessed Rosalie Rendu House, 32 Merivale St, Tumut
Please call 0401 472 161 to find out exact days and times when a Vinnies volunteer will be present at the centre