Vinnies Bushfire Appeal
Funds are directed to bushfire relief in the ACT, NSW, Qld, SA and Vic.
The Society greatly appreciates all donations made to the Bushfire Appeal, and thanks all donors, volunteers and members for their continued support throughout the bushfire period.
Call us on 13 18 12 if you need assistance now.
- the Bushfire Appeal has raised a total of $18.93M
- $9.03M has been distributed to people in bushfire-affected areas who meet the Society’s criteria; and
- $9.90M remains for community recovery and the rebuilding phases.
This season’s unprecedented bushfires have been extensive and have continued over a period of months. The fires have had a deep impact on the lives of thousands of people, many of whom will take a long time, possibly years, to recover.
The funds raised in the Bushfire Appeal play an essential role in supporting these people immediately after the fires and on an ongoing basis.
Vinnies welcomes ongoing donations to the Bushfire Appeal.
Bushfires have devastated many communities across New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia and Victoria between September 2019 and February 2020.
People have lost loved ones, thousands of homes and buildings have been damaged and, livelihoods destroyed.
In the immediate aftermath of the bushfires, Vinnies has been on the ground helping people and continues to be there long term as people rebuild their lives.
Your financial support means that we can:
- Provide food, clothing, essential items and grocery vouchers to people who have lost everything
- Pay unexpected bills as people go through the recovery process
- Refer people to other organisations that provide crisis accommodation and specialised services
- Give emotional support and practical assistance after homes are lost.
Vinnies members and volunteers live in these local communities. We rely on our people to tell us how Vinnies can best support communities during the recovery and rebuilding phase. Our response is always community-informed and driven.
You can find out more about the Vinnies Bushfire Appeal by checking out our Frequently Asked Questions page.