Vinnies No Interest Loan Scheme (NILS)
NO FEES. NO CHARGES. NO INTEREST.
To enquire: Call 1800 484 664 or email us at email@example.com
What is NILS?
NILs offers small interest free loans of up to $2000 for low income families and individuals across NSW.
How does it work?
The No Interest Loans (NILs) is for individuals and families on low incomes. We give you access to safe, fair and affordable lending, so you can access the essential goods or services you need.
You can borrow up to $2000. Loans are generally repaid over a 12 month period (longer periods can be accessed if needed), and you’ll only have to repay what you’ve borrowed – no extras.
It is worth considering a NILs loan first before seeking other expensive options for credit like a payday loan or rent to buy.
Enquire now to find out if a NILs loan is the right option for you.
Do I qualify for a loan?
To be eligible for help through NILs, you must:
- have a Health Care Card or Pension Card, OR earn less than $57,000 per year after tax ($75,000 for couples or people with dependents)
- have lived at your current or previous address for more than three months. However, there are some Exceptional circumstances including:
- Applicants in transitional housing;
- People experiencing family violence;
- Those is state/community housing transfer
- Applicants who have not had an address for an extended period
- Those struggling to obtain a proof of residency (e.g. remote areas)
- be able and willing to repay the loan
What can I purchase?
NILs loans can be used for essential goods and services. These may include:
- Household items like fridges, washing machines, TVs and furniture
- Educational needs such as laptops, tablets, textbooks, course fees, uniforms and school excursions
- Car repairs, tyres, green slips and vehicle registration
- Medical and dental expenses
- Pet expenses, mobility devices/support, bikes, driving lessons and many more.
Your loan cannot be used to pay rent, bills, fines or debts, or for living expenses such as groceries.
We reserve the right to determine your suitability on a case-by-case basis.
How do I apply?
Contact our Vinnies No Interest Loan Scheme team on 1800 484 664 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will explain the application process to you and ask for some documents to show you are eligible for a loan.
From there, you will be invited to discuss your application in a follow-up interview via phone. Interviews usually take between 30 minutes to one hour.
Following your interview, your loan is submitted for assessment and we will inform you of the outcome, usually within 2 business days.
Please note that loans cannot be used for the following:
Food, utility bills, cash advances, fines or penalties, debt repayment/consolidation, vehicle purchase, second-hand electrical goods or baby furniture, lay-by, airfares, clothing (except uniforms) or the bundling of many small goods (e.g. kettles, toasters, blenders and sandwich press etc.)
Testimonials from NILs recipients:
“I just wanted to say thank you so much for helping me. You don’t realise how much something as simple as running hot water can make your life just that little bit better. Certainly beats heating it up over a fire in a pot. Seriously though, you were amazing. You have got no idea how much I appreciate it. It is a very hard time for us right now but you have helped to make it easier. So again, thank you so much.” RB
“I am grateful to you for your kindness that you displayed by accepting my application for a loan. I was in incredible need for cash as I needed to register my car before getting fined. I am extremely grateful for NILS because the speed that has been shown in processing my application is commendable.” NN