Keeping Children and Young People Safe
If you are a child or young person seeking help, you’ve come to the right place. Please call us (Vinnies) on 1800 478 776 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This phone number and email address are only open on weekdays. If it’s after 4pm or a weekend, or you want to talk to someone outside Vinnies, you can call the Child Protection Helpline on 132 111 or Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800. These are both open 24/7.
- Our Commitment to Safeguarding Children
Our Commitment to Safeguarding Children
The St Vincent de Paul Society NSW is committed to being a child safe organisation. Supporting children and young people to thrive in their families and communities is a fundamental aspect of our work in providing a hand up to those facing adversity.
We strive to work with the wider community to prevent all forms of abuse against children and young people, and ensure that their inherent dignity, care and wellbeing are upheld.
We commit to:
- Support and nurture all children and young people who come into contact with us;
- Promote the rights, dignity and wellbeing of children and young people;
- Enable children and young people to fully participate in our organisation and in their local communities;
- Protect the safety of children and young people we work with, and guard them against abuse and all forms of harm;
- Always put the best interests of children and young people first; and
- Continually assess and evaluate our child safe strategies to ensure we remain vigilant in our work to support and protect children.
- Are you concerned about a child or young person?
Are you concerned about a child or young person?
If you have immediate concerns for a child’s safety, please call emergency services on 000.
If you have concerns that a child or young person is or has been harmed by a Vinnies worker, on a Vinnies site or while participating in one of our programs, please call the Vinnies Safeguarding Team on 1800 478 776 (Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm) or email email@example.com.
Alternatively you can fill out the form below. If you leave your contact details, we will get back to you – but you can also submit a concern or complaint anonymously if you choose to do so.
You can also contact:
- Child Protection Helpline (NSW Department of Communities and Justice): 132 111 (24 hours/7 days)
- Domestic Violence Line (NSW Department of Communities and Justice): 1800 65 64 63 (24 hours/7 days)
Visit the Department of Communities and Justice website for a longer list of helplines both in NSW and interstate.
- More Information and Resources
More Information and Resources
- Reporting a child at risk: Information from the NSW Department of Communities and Justice on what child abuse and neglect is, the signs of abuse, and how to respond when a child or adult tells you about abuse.
- Vinnies NSW Safeguarding Children Policy (2020)
- Vinnies NSW Code of Conduct
- NSW Child Safe Standards for Organisations
- Royal Commission into Institutional Child Sexual Abuse
- Catholic Professional Safeguarding Standards