Annual Report Queensland 2018-19
This financial year has seen the Society continue to deliver much need home visitations, programs and services across the State. With 2019 marking 125 years of Vinnies presence in Queensland, the 2018-19 Annual Report theme Always there, always will be reflects the Society’s history and when looking into the Society’s own future, what challenges will come in order to continue to provide support to Queenslanders in need. Highlights include:
- Assisted 369,010 Queenslanders
- Provided $258 million in services and support to people in need
- We became the largest provider of homelessness services in Queensland.
- $5.3 million given to Queenslanders in disaster assistance
- Raised more than $11 million thanks to public appeal donations, fundraising events and bequests
- Allocated $3.2 million into housing
- Raised $1.4 million at Vinnies CEO Sleepout and Community Sleepout events
- Opened new Vinnies shops to reach 153 ‘Centres of Charity’ across the state.
- Won a third prestigious gold award at the Australasian Reporting Awards for our 2017-18 Annual Report