In this issue...
2. Poetry - Inspirational poems
4-5. Frontlines - From National President Anthony Thornton
6. News in brief
7. Profile - By Mal Nolan
Bendigo area Conferences are working hard to make a difference.
8 & 9. Poverty - By Livia Carusi
“We set ourselves this first goal; by 1990 no Australian child will be living in poverty”.
10 & 11. Gathering - By Alicia Webster
Vincentians gather in Melbourne for the first Youth Congress.
12 & 13. Social Justice - By Dr John Falzon.
A very simple message about what the St Vincent de Paul Society is and why we exist.
14 –17. Homelessness - By Mark McGreevy
A 23 year old charity with a 400 year old tradition.
18. Reflection - By Alicia Webster
“What inspired me to action was an irrepressible hope and belief in a brighter future for them.”
19. Youth – By WA State Council
Another opportunity for Western Australian Youth.
20&21. – The mail
Letters to the editor.
22. Human Rights – By Emilija Beljic
Something we should value and celebrate, rather than disparage and shrink away from.
Richard Charles McDermott and Earl Shorris
26. From the archives – By Mike Moran
Daceyville – A model suburb.
27. Reflection – Lismore Central Council Vincentians say goodbye to a couple of favourites.