How Vinnies SA is reponding to the latest Covid restrictions
18 November 2020
We have reached the moment we had hoped would never arrive, with the recent Covid-19 outbreak necessitating strict restrictions to stop the virus spreading.
Based on today's announcement regarding the 6 day 'circuit breaker' restrictions, we would like to let you know how we are responding and continuing to support the most vulnerable people in our community, while keeping staff and volunteers safe.
• The Vinnies Women’s and Men’s Crisis Centres continue to operate 24 hours a day under a Covid-safe manner
• Our assistance line will continue to be monitored, and assistance provided via electronic means including vouchers to supermarkets and food rescue organisations (no face to face)
• The Fred’s Van meal service has ceased operating in all locations except for the Adelaide CBD, and meals will be served in take away containers
• The Migrant and Refugee Centre is currently closed
• All Vinnies shops are closed
We will continue to follow SA Government directions and respond as required.
Please stay safe, and if you are unwell or have any symptoms, please get tested and then stay home.
SA Health information on infection control and staying safe is HERE
Current restrictions HERE
Information on known SA hotspots is being updated regularly and is available HERE
SA COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line - 1800 632 753 provides mental health support for people surrounding COVID-19. It is available to people to maintain their mental health and wellbeing.
COVID-19 Relief Call Centre - 1300 705 336 provides information and assistance with such things personal hardship support, accommodation support for people unable to achieve self-quarantining and accommodation for emergency services personnel that are required to quarantine but unable to do so at home. People can also email firstname.lastname@example.org.