The 2015 Vinnies Sunshine Coast Vinnies Community Sleepout is TONIGHT.
After weeks of dedicated fundraising and raising awareness, more than 80 participants will experience a night of sleeping on the streets with only a piece of cardboard and a sleeping bag, a cup of soup and a bread roll as a meal.
All money raised goes directly back into the community to assist the Homeless Support Worker as they work with those facing homelessness or on the streets in the local area.
Donations can still be made at www.communitysleepout.org.au
Date: Thursday 25 June
Time: From 5:30pm to 7pm. Media are invited to stay for the official proceedings.
Location: Maroochydore Surf Life Saving Club,
Parking: Available onsite
Thursday 25 June
• 5:30-7pm: Interviews with key participants as they arrive for registration and set up
• From 6pm: Key participants with their cardboard, sleeping bag and cup of soup
• 8:30pm: Announcement of top fundraiser
Friday 26 June
• 6am: Participants as they rise and have breakfast
• CEO Sleepout ambassador – Local radio personality Todd Widdicombe
• St Vincent de Paul Society – Diocesan President Ian Laherty, local Members