The 2015 Vinnies Corporate and Community Sleepout on the Gold Coast is
TONIGHT with funds raised to go towards delivering a Homeless Support Centre.
More than 4,000 Gold Coast people face homelessness or were are at risk of homelessness in the local area.
After weeks of dedicated fundraising and raising awareness, more than 80 participants will experience a night of sleeping on the streets with only a piece of cardboard and a sleeping bag, a cup of soup and a bread roll as a meal.
Donations can still be made at; www.communitysleepout.org.au
Date: Thursday 9 July
Time: From 5:30pm to 9pm. Media are invited to stay for the official proceedings.
Location: The Southport School, Winchester Street Southport.
Parking: Available onsite
Thurseday 9 July
- 5:30-7pm: Interviews with key participants as they arrive for registration and set up
- From 6pm: Key participants with their cardboard, sleeping bag and cup of soup
- 8:30pm: Fiona’s story
Friday 10 July
- 6am: Participants as they rise and have breakfast
- St Vincent de Paul Society spokespersons Jim Donaldson and Cassandra Ashton
- Top fundraisers and participants
Current top fundraisers
- Kate Hampson, Sheraton Mirage Resort and Spa
- Elisabeth Keane
- Rob Molhoek MP, Member for Southport