'What’s In My Wardrobe?'
Sustainable Fashion Event
Red Cross Shops, Salvos Stores, Vinnies and the DoSomething Foundation are being joined by celebrities and leading fashion experts for the ‘What’s In My Wardrobe?’ event being held at The Telstra Theatre on Thursday Sept 20th in Sydney. Tickets are free from Eventbrite.
‘What’s In My Wardrobe?’ will look at the impact that fashion has on society and the environment. It will also look at the positive things that are happening to reduce that impact.
The event’s panel will feature thought leaders and change makers who will discuss ethical sourcing, sustainable fashion and the need for garment longevity.
Comedian Gretel Killeen will talk about why she mainly wears op shop clothing and stylists from Australia’s leading charity op shops will give tips on the best way to get a new outfit.
Date: Thursday 20th September 2018
Time: 6.00pm for 6.30pm start
Location: Customer Insights Centre, Telstra Theatre, level 2, 400 George St, Sydney
- Gretel Killeen, celebrity and TV presenter
- Rae Johnston, SBS TV host and presenter
- Melinda Tually from Fashion Revolution ANZ & Ndless
- Dean Jones from GlamCorner
- Justine O'Byrne from Tigerlily
- Jon Dee from DoSomething / Founder of Op Shop Week
- Stylists Tara Castellan from Vinnies, Alex van Os from Red Cross Shops and Faye De Lanty from Salvos Stores.
This event is hosted by Vinnies, Red Cross Shops, Salvos Stores and Do Something as a precursor to National Op Shop Week 2018. Telstra is the primary sponsor of the event.
This year National Op Shop Week takes place between Sep 30 - Oct 6th.