This Wednesday, the ACT Anti-Poverty Week committee will host a Facebook Live panel event discussing poverty and homelessness in Canberra.
As poverty continues to disproportionately affect certain members of our society, national Anti-Poverty Week aims to support the Australian community to have an increased understanding of poverty and to take action collectively to end it.
Anti-Poverty Week aims to promote the connection between poverty and homelessness by lobbying for adequate income security, affordable and environmentally sound housing options; and highlighting the lived experience of people with vulnerabilities and diverse needs.
Vinnies is looking forward to being a part of an event that will provide insight into a problem faced by too many.
The event will be live streamed at https://www.facebook.com/events/511631136367763/
What: Reducing Poverty & Homelessness in Canberra, Facebook Live panel event
When: 12.30-1.30pm Wednesday 14 October 2020
Who: Interviews available with:
- Dr John Falzon, Senior Fellow, Inequality and Social Justice at Per Capita
- Felicity Reynolds, Director on the board of the Australian Alliance to End Homelessness and member of the NSW Mental Health Review Tribunal
- Katrina Fanning, ACT Australian of the Year for 2020, Chairperson of the ACT Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Elected Body and the Australian Rugby League Indigenous Council.
- Mr Barnie van Wyk – CEO, St Vincent de Paul Society Canberra/Goulburn
- Ms Jenny Kitchin, CEO, Woden Community Services
12 October 2020