School Sleepout in QLD
As a school community you can do more than just provide a hand out this winter; together we can increase awareness of homelessness issues through the School Sleepout initiative. On any given night during Term 3 your school can simulate what life must be like for those in our community without a place to call home by running/hosting a school sleepover for one night.
For your school this will:
- Raise awareness about homelessness and the multiple underlying issues related to homelessness, in particular youth homelessness.
- Challenge your school community to make a difference to those living rough within your local area
- Allow students to advocate and be a voice for those in need in your community and raise funds to show your school that you can make a difference this winter
- Connect with pre-existing homeless services within your community, example Homeless vans or Social Justice Groups in your area.
- QLD School Sleepout Kit
- School Sleepout 'Count Me In' Registration Form
For further information about our School Sleepout initiative please contact the Youth Department on 07 3010 1073 or at email@example.com.