Passages provide support to young people who are experiencing or at risk of homelessness through the Engagement Hubs based in Perth and Mandurah. The Hubs provide support through essential needs advocacy, information, referrals and workshops, a range of visiting specialist services and the capacity to provide follow up. Passages Youth Engagement Hub works with young people using strength based approach grounded in the Youth Work Code of ethics within the Low-Threshold and Change model of practice.
About the position:
- Full time
- Reporting to Passages Coordinator
- Working Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm
- Provides strengths-based, trauma-informed and therapeutic crisis intervention support to young people
- Creates a safe place for young people to access resources and individually tailored support within the Low-Threshold and Change model of practice.
- Actively promotes the philosophy of continuous improvement and participates in the continuous improvement Program
- Work with young people using a strengths-based approach grounded in the Youth Work Code of Ethics.
- Assists the team at the other location by providing relief cover
What you need to apply:
- Previous experience working with young people experiencing homelessness and/or at-risk
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field or extensive relevant experience complemented by quality in-service training
- Knowledge and experience in working in trauma informed, therapeutic crisis intervention and low-threshold and change models of practice
- Knowledge of the Youth Work Code of Ethics and capacity to translate this into work practices on a day to day basis.
- Knowledge of and an ability to access a range of relevant community resources, particularly in the youth and homeless sectors (desirable).
- Valid WWC Card
- Current Australian Drivers Licence
What you’ll get in return:
- A supportive work environment
- Salary sacrificing options
- Ongoing support and training
- A chance to make a difference in the lives of others
How to apply:
Please ensure that you have read and understand the role outlined in the position description in the link below before applying. To apply for this position please send your resume and a covering letter to us via the SEEK advertisement or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter must address the above selection criteria (no more than 1 page) to outline your suitability. Please note that prior to any offer of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed; these will include right to work in Australia, reference checking and a national criminal history check. Applications close 5pm Wednesday 17th July 2019
|Location||Perth WA 6000|
|Position type||Full time|
|Code||17th July 2019|
|Application code||17th July 2019|