We are recruiting for a passionate and experience Truck Driver to join our team on a full time basis. Based out of our Canning Vale Distribution Centre and reporting to the Manager DC Operations, this position will be responsible for collecting donated goods from households and deliver household goods in accordance with Emergency Relief requests.
The Distribution Centre consists of office and depot staff including a fleet of trucks who together service the stock requirements of the shops, local conferences and the external contracts and partnerships which exist to provide welfare within the community. Generally the Depot services operate in the greater Perth metropolitan area only although there are also smaller levels of service provided to regional areas across WA
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Medium Rigid (MR) Licence
- Experience within logistics and/or furniture removal
- Good physical fitness (lifting)
- Excellent knowledge of Perth suburban area
- An understanding of the maintenance requirements of vehicles
- Ability to safely pack goods in truck and to follow correct tie down procedure
- Ability to work within OHS guidelines
- Ability to work as a team player and contribute to team outcomes
- Ability to adhere to and meet deadlines
- Willingness to show flexibility in work hours and duties.
Desirable Selection Criteria:
- Ability to operate a forklift
In return we offer:
- Tax reducing salary packaging options
- Excellent working conditions and work life balance
- Knowledge that you will be part of a team helping to make a difference to your community
How to apply:
Please ensure that you have read and understand the role outlined in the position description. Head over to the advertisement on our website to download the position description for all the details.
To apply for this position please send your resume and a cover letter via the SEEK advertisement or to email@example.com. Your cover letter should address the above selection criteria (no more than 1 page) to outline your suitability.
Please note that prior to any offer of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed; these will include reference checking and a national criminal history check.
|Position type||Full time|