Senior Support Worker
We are recruiting for a passionate and experienced Support Worker to join our Specialist Community Services (SCS) team as a Senior Support Worker. Based at Tom Fisher House and reporting to the Manager Homelessness Services this part time position is an opportunity to work closely with disadvantaged members of society, specifically those whom are homeless or at risk of homeless.
Tom Fisher House (TFH) offers a safe sleep for 8-12 rough sleepers each night. The low-threshold approach enables staff to build positive relationships with people with complex needs who have often been excluded from other services. TFH is staffed by a multidisciplinary team working through a harm reduction framework. The team are responsible for referral and intake procedures, creating a safe, secure, supportive environment, and assessing the needs of the people presenting to the service.
About this position:
- Part time (32 hours a week)
- Opportunity to take a leadership role in supporting staff, clients and students
- Assist in day to day operations of the services provided.
- Operate within the low threshold and change, therapeutic crisis intervention and trauma informed care models.
- Provides strengths-based, trauma-informed service to long-term rough sleepers with complex needs delivered using a low threshold and change model
- Assist in creating a safe and welcoming environment for people to stay overnight and potentially access resources
- Undertake practical duties to ensure the smooth running of the service on a day to day basis
- Induction and support of new employees and student placements
- Previous experience working with people with complex needs including mental health, disability, homelessness, substance use and/or financial disadvantage – particularly within a community or residential sector setting
- Qualifications in a relevant field or relevant experience complemented by quality in-service training
- Values consistent with low threshold and trauma informed care approaches
- Demonstrated ability to operate as an effective team member and leader.
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- A strong understanding of the dynamics of member and volunteer based not-for-profit organisations
- Valid Australian drivers license and vehicle.
What you’ll get in return
- A supportive work environment
- Salary sacrificing options
- Ongoing support and training
How to apply
Please ensure that you have read and understand the role outlined in the position description before applying. Head over to the advertisement on our website to download the position description for all the details.
To apply for this position please send your resume and a covering letter via the SEEK advertisement or to firstname.lastname@example.org . Your cover letter must address the above selection criteria (no more than 1 page) to outline your suitability. Applications for this position close 19th April 2019
Please note that prior to any offer of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed; these will include reference checking and a national criminal history check.
|Position type||Part time|
|Code||19th April 2019|
|Application code||19th April 2019|