Part Time (20 hours per week)
• FUN: We all love to go on a hunt for something special. To search through preloved items to find that one of a kind or fashionable item that no-one else is likely to have. You can live that every day while also helping others when managing our Pinjarra store.
• SATISFACTION: A retail position which not only has the challenges and excitement of retail but also the additional satisfaction of knowing that all of your effort and hard work helps support the various Special works projects of the St Vincent de Paul Society.
• NO LATE NIGHT TRADING: Yes, there are retail management positions that don’t require you to work late nights.
Vinnies is looking for a dynamic retailer to manage our Pinjarra store and work alongside our expanding team of committed volunteers.
The St Vincent de Paul Society was founded by Frederic Ozanam in 1833, a 20 year old student who wanted to respond in a practical way to the hardship he witnessed in France. Fondly known as Vinnies and first established in Perth in 1865, the Society strives to serve people experiencing disadvantage in our community as part of a federated model in Australia while being present in 149 countries around the world.
Our core work is our emergency relief program, provided through our large volunteer member base, which addresses the needs of people predominately in their own homes with respect, compassion and hope. The Society also supports Western Australians through our retail and depot operations, recovery-focused mental health services, a range of services to prevent or alleviate homelessness, provision of housing, support for young people, financial counselling and migrant and refugee services, while advocating for the people we assist and encouraging a greater understanding of social justice issues.
• Fosters an environment of excellent customer service; ensures customer needs are met at all times
• Provides coaching and mentoring to volunteers to support growth and improvement in the delivery of quality customer service
• Continuously monitors the performance of centre volunteers to ensure compliance with retail guidelines
• Ensures sufficient levels of stock are available to customers at all times
• Monitors the quality of stock on display; ensures stock is correctly priced, merchandised and adheres to retail guidelines
• Ensures all welfare clients presenting vouchers are dealt with in a professional, confidential and friendly manner
• Completes paperwork and ensures timely distribution to the Retail Area Managers at the end of each month
• Develops Advertising and Marketing strategies to positively promote the centre in the wider community
• Responsible for the day to day management of volunteers within the retail centres
• Ensures volunteers comply with correct retail operating procedures in addition to relevant St Vincent de Paul Society polices including Workplace Health and Safety
• Ensures retail centre is appropriately resourced to achieve customer satisfaction, timely support of welfare clients and that general retail duties such as sorting and pricing are completed
• Monitors and administers volunteer training. This includes volunteer selection, orientation with Retail Management Team and HR Manager and on-the-job training in all facets of the centre operation.
• Generates and maintains good morale and cooperation of all volunteers through direction, leading by example and motivation
• Monitors customer sales to ensure that all transactions are accompanied with a receipt to both customers and volunteers purchasing goods
• Maintains daily, weekly and monthly administration requirements in accordance with policy
• Works to achieve financial targets set for the centre; works to identify strategies to achieve financial targets
If you tick most of the above then we want to hear from you.
Visit the Vinnies website at www.vinnies.org.au/employment to obtain the position description. Please send your resume and cover letter, to be received by close of business on Wednesday, 1st of March, 2017 by either email to firstname.lastname@example.org or posting a copy to the Human Resources Department, St Vincent de Paul Society, 9 Brewer Road, Canning Vale, WA 6055
- Employment type
- Position type
- Part time
- Publish date
- Application close
9 Brewer Road, Canning Vale, WA 6055