Onsite Support Worker
We are recruiting for a passionate and dedicated Onsite Support Worker to join our Specialist Community Services (SCS) team at Vincentian Village. Reporting to the Activities Coordinator this is an opportunity to support people with a lived experience of severe and enduring mental illness rebuild their lives through a recovery based program
Vinnies Mental Health Service offers low care supported accommodation service in shared living environments with support from a professional team of staff. The Onsite Support Workers are integral members of the support team, working in a recovery oriented way providing, support in the evenings and being available on-call during their sleep shift.
About this position:
- Casual position to cover staff absences
- Sleepover shifts providing after hours support which is strengths-based, trauma-informed and recovery-oriented
- Provides direct individually tailored support to consumers
- Ensures the service is secure after hours and to provide on-call support to assist consumers experiencing emergencies or requiring critical after hours assistance
- Supports the work of the team with consumers by reporting observations in a respectful and non-judgemental manner
- Ensures knowledge and compliance with all policies, procedures and legislative requirements.
- An understanding from work or personal experience of the challenges faced by people living with a mental health illness and the impact this can have on their daily lives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to keep detailed case notes, maintain files and other administrative tasks as required
- Possess and display values that are consistent with a recovery based model with a proven capacity to apply these to work practices
- Demonstrated ability to operate as an effective team member, with highly developed interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of and an ability to access a range of relevant community resources, including experience of working with clinical mental health services as well as the not-for-profit sector (desirable)
What you’ll get in return
- A supportive work environment
- Salary sacrificing options
- Ongoing support and training
How to apply
If making a difference in your local community is important to you and you meet our essential requirements we can’t wait to hear from you. Please ensure that you have read and understand the role outlined in the position description found in the link below.
To apply your application must include the below job application form, your updated CV and a cover letter that tells us a little more about you. Apply by emailing these documents through to firstname.lastname@example.org or via the seek advertisement.
Please note that prior to any offer of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed; these will include reference checking, a medical and national criminal history check.