Manager, Property & Contracts
We are recruiting for a motivated, driven and experienced Manager Property and Contracts to join our Business Services Team. Working with and reporting to the Executive Manager, Business Services this full time position is an opportunity to manage, maintain, develop and ensure efficient use of St Vincent de Paul Society’s assets
The Business Services team provides the necessary support and systems for the effective delivery of St Vincent de Paul Society's services. Operating across multiple work streams including finance, ICT, HR, Facilities and Property, Business Services ensure the appropriate infrastructure is in place to support efficient operations.
More about this position:
- Acts as project lead on the purchase, lease and disposal of the Society’s land and building assets as well as all Capital Works programs
- Develop, implement and maintain the Asset Management Plan, policies and procedures
- Develop, implement and monitor a Preventative Maintenance Plan for all Society owned and managed property assets
- Prepare drawings and floor plans of all new properties to support Council Approvals and shop fitout processes
- Provide timely facilities maintenance advice to Retail Area Managers and Specialist Community Services Property Managers
- Develop detailed and accurate costings and budgets for Asset Management and Preventative Maintenance
- Conduct property inspections of Society owned and managed Housing Assets
- Negotiates and manages the Society’s utilities contracts
- Manages the Society’s building insurances
- Develop, implement and monitor a Contracts Register of all Society property and associated asset contracts
- Develop, implement and monitor Risk Mitigation strategies and undertakes regular risk assessments
- Ensures all properties are compliant with relevant legislation and with Society policies and procedures
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Considerable experience in a senior role in property and facilities management in a similar environment
- High level interpersonal and communication skills, influencing and negotiation with experience in developing and maintaining effective networks and relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders at all levels
- Sound project management skills with the capacity to develop and implement clear project plans and deliver outcomes that meet quality, cost and time specifications
- Considerable experience in contract management, including negotiation and monitoring implementation to ensure successful outcomes
- Sound knowledge of building regulations, systems and processes.
- Experience in managing and facilitating teams, defining outcomes and providing feedback and support to meet agreed outcomes and performance goals
- Acceptance of and adherence to the values of the Society
What you’ll get in return
- A supportive work environment.
- Salary sacrificing options.
- Ongoing support and training.
How to apply
Please ensure that you have read and understand the role outlined in the position description in the link below. To apply for this position please send your resume and a covering letter to us via the SEEK advertisement or via email to email@example.com. Your cover letter must address the above selection criteria (no more than 1 page) to outline your suitability. Please note that prior to any offer of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed; these will include right to work in Australia, reference checking and a national criminal history check.
|Position type||Full time|