The St Vincent de Paul Society is a lay Catholic member and volunteer based organisation that has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in Australia for more than 160 years.
The National Office of the St Vincent de Paul Society, located in Deakin, ACT, supports the National Council of the Society in its work towards an Australia transformed by compassion and built on justice through the values and ethos of the St Vincent de Paul Society. The National Council leads the Society in Australia, provides the forum for State or Territory Councils to report on their activities, represents the Society at the Federal government level and is the link between the Society in Australia and the Society internationally. Decisions of the National Council meetings are binding on all parts of the Society in Australia.
The National Council of the Society is seeking to appoint a CEO to support and promote the work of its members and volunteers in Australia and worldwide by providing executive service to the National President and the National Council. The CEO has a key role in implementing the strategic plan and policies of the National Council, leading and managing the staff and operations of National Office and in facilitating national collaboration within the Society in Australia.
The successful candidate will bring a strong record of:
- Delivering strategic leadership in the Not For Profit sector
- leading, developing and managing a high performing team
- delivering the full suite of executive leadership skills (strategic management, financial management and reporting, policy development, program valuation, staff and operations management, advocacy)
- building positive and productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- delivering programs and outcomes against a strategic plan
- representing an organisation publicly in person and through a range of media
Personal attributes will include:
- A deep understanding of and commitment to leading the mission from the tradition and values of the St Vincent de Paul Society
- Holistic and inclusive leadership style that exemplifies servant leadership
- Exceptional emotional intelligence, relationship building and communication skills
- Commitment to high ethical and professional standards
To learn more about the position and how to apply, phone Ruth Hayes at Felix Consulting on 02 8920 9844 or write to her at firstname.lastname@example.org.