Supporting the Vinnies Christmas Appeal
Here are some ways that your school can help Vinnies REBUILD LIVES this Christmas:
- Position Vinnies Christmas Appeal posters around the school to raise awareness
- Have students complete an activity sheet about being thankful at Christmas
- Hold a Gift drive or have a Wishing Tree to collect toys and vouchers to be distributed by Vinnies at Christmas to someone who may otherwise miss out
- Collect non-perishable food and other Christmas goodies for inclusion in Christmas hampers
- Sell packs of 10 Vinnies Christmas Cards for $7.50
- Conducting a Community Sleepout to raise funds and awareness of homelessness
- Hold a fundraiser or event at school with donations to Vinnies Christmas Appeal
If you would like more information or a copy of the School Kit for the Christmas Appeal, please contact email@example.com or call (08) 8112 8700.
Your contribution will help us apply Vinnies’ commitment to ‘a hand up’ more than a ‘hand out’.
How your school can work with Vinnies to help
The St Vincent de Paul Society is challenging schools and their students to take a positive stand against poverty by helping us to rebuild lives.
Across SA, the Society has over 3,000 members and volunteers who continue the vital work of visiting people in their homes, providing assistance and friendship. This year approximately 20,000 visits will be made to homes, nursing homes, hospitals and prisons.
Did you know that in addition to running the well known Vinnies shops, our range of ‘good works’ extends to home visits, providing housing, supporting refugee and migrants, delivering meals through Fred’s Van services and a host of other activities that continue our mission.
Call us to find what activity suits your school. Read ‘The Saint’ to understand more about Vinnies and to see what others have done to raise awareness and funds. Visit your local Vinnies centre to donate your no longer needed goods.
To discuss how your school and Vinnies can work together, contact us on (08) 8112 8700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We would love you to volunteer in a Vinnies Retail Centre for your school’s placement program! Places are limited, so send in your forms as soon as you can. All placements arranged by Wendy Rayner, Business Projects Officer: email@example.com...
Responding to Student Assignments The St Vincent de Paul Society welcomes student research into its work. The Society seeks to provide factual information on many topics that can be found by searching within our website. We encourage students to look...
Vinnies School and Community Sleepouts provide a unique insight into the complex issues that people experiencing homelessness face; issues which are often overlooked and misunderstood by the wider community. Our fundraising team can assist by helping...