MRASA Toy Run - 13 December 2020
In a year when it seems that just about everything has been cancelled, Vinnies is delighted to announce that the Motorcycle Riders' Association of South Australia (MRASA) Toy Run will go ahead on Sunday 13 December 2020, gathering toys for Vinnies to deliver to families in need.
We are very grateful for the ongoing partnership we enjoy with the MRASA, and thank them for their contribution.
Due to the impacts of COVID, we know that a lot of people will be doing it tough over Christmas, so community support is needed now, more than ever. Spread the word, give what you can and encourage your mates to do the same. Don't ride a bike? Your donations are still welcome!
A different event, but you can still brighten a child's Christmas
Due to the implications of COVID on mass gatherings, this year’s Toy Run will be a scaled down version of the usual event. There will not be a mass gathering at Victoria Park, no mass ride up to Callington, and no fair at the Callington Oval.
Instead, all riders are invited to drop past Victoria Park which will be open with a 'Drop and Go' station to collect toys and other donations (non-perishable food for hampers and cash donations for Vinnies) from 8am until 12 noon.
Remember to decorate your bike to promote the festive occasion, say hello to Santa, buy a Covid-19 Toy Run t-shirt or badge, grab a coffee and then go on a run to enjoy the rest of the day. Be mindful that anyone staying longer than 15 minutes will be asked for their details for contact tracing purposes.
Where can I drop toys and other donations?
- Victoria Park (8am – 12pm): Enter from Wakefield Street (see map HERE)
- Mount Barker (9am – 1pm): Vinnies, 79 Gawler Street, Mount Barker
- Victor Harbor (9am – 1pm): Anytime Fitness carpark, 75-77 Victoria Street, Victor Harbor (across the road from Vinnies)
Unable to make it to these locations?
- You can drop off toys at a Vinnies shop during the week and say it's for the Toy Run. Find your nearest Vinnies shop HERE.
- For more information about the Toy Run, visit: http://www.mrasa.asn.au/toyrun.shtml