Fred's Van provides comfort and a warm, nutritious meal for those experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness and marginalisation. Operating from eight sites across Adelaide and two regional sites in Port Lincoln and Port Pirie, this emergency service is delivered by the work and commitment of more than 550 volunteers.
Fred's Van Food Service
- Feeding the homeless and hungry with over 550 meals a week.
- Providing a warm, nutritious meal, fruit, drinks, blankets and beanies at ten sites across South Australia.
- Supporting the most vulnerable people in our community.
Fred’s Van volunteers need to be aged 18+
Further Information on Fred's Van:
How can you help
You can donate:
- Goods – if you think you can help donate food and/or blankets
- Time – to find out about volunteer opportunities with food preparation and service
- Funds– it costs approximately $6 to provide a meal from Fred’s Van, for more information on all of these options please contact the Fred's Van co-ordinator on 08 8112 8720
Latest volunteer story
"This is my eighth year volunteering with Fred's Van. I started volunteering as a way of helping those less fortunate in our city. Before starting volunteer work I had no idea how many people were affected by homelessness. It certainly was an 'eye-opener'. It is a humbling experience and I have met many clients from all walks of life.
"Volunteering has taught me not to be so quick to judge as everyone has a story. I am fortunate to have this great experience and I am privileged to be able to assist on Fred's Van."
Keen to Volunteer?
View current vacancies here.
Contact us through submitting the below form, or on (08) 8112 8720 or via email email@example.com