Hello my name is Benita De Vincentiis and I am the Chairperson of the National Council's Working Group for PNG. Our Working Group is tasked with mentoring and developing the Society in the PNG and has been meeting since mid last year. Over the next three years, we have a considerable amount of work to do! It is an exciting time for the Society in PNG and an exciting time to be part of a group like this in the Society. We are currently looking for an important member to join our team and would love to hear from anyone who thinks this might be them! See some information below, and if this sounds like you, please be in touch!
Working Group Secretary
We are all full time working professionals or retired and desperately need the support of a good and organised secretary to support our work, keep us organised and help us develop resources that can benefit the Society in PNG and its members.
Some points about you...
- You have a good understanding of the Society and connect wholeheartedly to its mission and vision
- You would love to be a part of a small team supporting the Society in PNG to be stronger, more self-sufficient and organised
- You have thorough and efficient administration/secretarial skills and experience
- You love keeping people organised, planning meetings, doing the minutes, reminding people of actions, keeping records and files in check and up to date
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are exceptionally organised and ensure things don't slip through the cracks
- You are very good with Microsoft Word and Excel, Dropbox, email, typing and layout out documents
- You have a good sense of humour, have a positive disposition and love to work with a team
- You will have 1 day a week to dedicate to this role, understanding that in some weeks it may require more time, and in other weeks less
- If you have some experience and understanding of cross-cultural work this would be helpful
The kinds of fun things you will do in this important role...
- schedule, organise and make any necessary arrangements for bimonthly zoom video conferences and annual face to face meetings for the Working Group
- set up and maintain a thorough PNG contact database with key Society, Church and Community contacts in PNG
- source and adapt Society resources for PNG conferences and dioceses
- manage official working group correspondence with PNG via email and post
- act as secretarial support for the Chairperson
- make necessary arrangements for Diocesan Mentor annual visits to PNG
- liaise with National Council head office in relation to the storing of PNG files, their circulation of the Record to PNG conferences, Working Group budget, travel arrangements and other relevant matters
If you are currently nodding your head and smiling, then we would like to hear from you. We are very keen to have an awesome person join our team as soon as possible in this role. It is vital to helping us contribute in a positive way to the Society beginnings in PNG.
To register your interest or for more information please contact Benita at firstname.lastname@example.org
Look forward to hearing from you.
Benita De Vincentiis
National Council PNG Working Group
St Vincent de Paul Society Australia