Race Day is an annual event which raises much needed funds to support young people through our youth homelessness service.
What is Passages?
Passages in Northbridge and Mandurah provide a safe place where vulnerable young people can get practical assistance such as food, clothing, bathroom and laundry facilities and computer access.
As well as being a place where crucial practical assistance is provided, Passages is also a specialist engagement hub for young people experiencing or at risk of homelessness. By developing trusting relationships with the young people who come to the centre, Passages staff provide them with critical support and assist the young people to link in with other specialist services to help them transition off the street – for example income support, counselling, legal advice, medical care, education and training and accommodation. Many of these specialist services visit the centre on a regular basis.
How your organisation can make a difference
Your organisation can support Race Day as a corporate sponsor or by donating goods for our silent and live auctions.
P 08 6323 7543 | E firstname.lastname@example.org.
How you helped in 2017
The money raised at the event in 2017 assisted Passages in achieving the following outcomes:
• Stock a pantry full of food for 12 consecutive months
• Provide 21 weeks of healthy breakfast options to 30 young people each morning
• Provide 36 weeks of Friday lunches, an important meal ahead of an unpredictable weekend
• Run the Open Opportunities program for 2 months enabling young people to acquire the skills needed to be job ready
• Provide 22 weeks of crisis accommodation support
Our commitment to helping young people in need continues to be our focus and together with your support we hope to rebuild even more lives in 2018.