How you can support Vinnies in your workplace
The St Vincent de Paul Society relies on the generosity of the wider community to support vital programs and services for people in need.
We extend our thanks to all businesses, corporations and government agencies that have supported the work of the St Vincent de Paul Society.
Supporting the Vinnies Christmas Appeal
Last year Vinnies provided over 4,000 gifts to children and young adults who would otherwise not have had a gift to open on Christmas Day. We also provided over 2,600 food hampers to families to ensure they could celebrate the festive season with a sense of dignity.
The reality is that without the support of the community, we would not be able to assist families and individuals who turn to us during Christmas.
Some of the ways you can help include:
- Holding a toy/gift drive or having a Giving Tree in your workplace
- Holding a drive for non-perishable food items and Christmas goodies to put in Christmas Hampers
- Selling packs of Vinnies Christmas cards (10 for $7.50)
- Holding a fundraising event to support the Vinnies Christmas Appeal
- Volunteering a day to help sort and pack toys for distribution
Here are some tools to help you get started
- A poster with suggestions for a Gift Drive or Giving Tree in your workplace
- A poster with suggestions for food and other items to go into our Christmas Hampers
- Vinnies Christmas Appeal Poster to help raise awareness of the appeal
If you would like to support Vinnies this Christmas please contact Kristi Hermsen firstname.lastname@example.org or call (08) 8112 8714.
The St Vincent de Paul Society in South Australia is the grateful recipient of generous support from the corporate sector.
Workplace Giving - Community Support
For the St Vincent de Paul Society, workplace giving provides long-term, stable funding for its special works and programs. This funding requires little or no administrative cost, enabling the Society to put more of the funds where they are needed most.
Corporate Financial Donations
Financial donations to the St Vincent de Paul Society provide meaningful support for its many good works and are gratefully received. Donations of $2 or more are tax deductible.
Each year the Society hold a number of special fundraising events which attract corporate supporters.
Donations of goods and services
A wide range of companies are regular and valued supporters of our important fundraising activities. Companies often donate services to support our events or goods to our special works.
Corporate volunteering is another way in which the Society has benefitted from company partnerships. Groups of staff from businesses have volunteered their time to assist the special works of the Society.
Volunteering opportunities for your staff may include:
- Serving meals.
- Assisting with Fred's Van.
- Cleaning or maintaining a Special Work or Centre.
- Creating or maintaining a garden or particular space at a service (ie: painting a room, planting a garden).
- Holding a Christmas Party for those we assist via one of our services.
- Putting up Christmas decorations at a homeless service.
- Volunteering at a Vinnies Family Centre or Distribution Centre.
- Providing administrative support.
- Providing refugee children and their families with support.
To discuss corporate volunteering opportunities, please contact Kristi Hermsen email@example.com or call (08) 8112 8714.