Marillac House commenced operation in 2007 as a special work of the St Vincent de Paul Society. It was identified by Society members and the community that the provision of low cost accommodation and support was greatly lacking for hospital patients, their families and carers. It was identified that those travelling quite long distances to access health services were the greatest affected. People living on King and Flinders Island, the far west coast, northwest and east coast of Tasmania, were impacted the most.
Our objectives are:
- To assist patients, carers and family members in times of health crisis, accommodating those people who are undergoing surgery, specialised treatment, emergency care and rehabilitation.
- To provide homely, low cost accommodation a supportive and caring environment.
- To provide our service in a confidential, respectful and caring manner.
Where is the Centre located?
Marillac House is located at 32 Brisbane Street, Launceston. We are situated in the CBD close to amenities and only a short drive to local hospitals (5 to 7 minutes at the most)
- Varying rooms that can accommodate single, twin, double and family
- Private ensuite, television, microwave & kitchenette in each room. All linen is provided in tariff.
- One downstairs room with disability access bathroom.
Who benefits from the services?
Anyone requiring accommodation due to the necessity to travel for the below medical needs:
- Specialised treatment
- Emergency care
- Visiting family in hospital when you live interstate or overseas
Can I volunteer at the Centre?
You can volunteer for this service, and can do so by contacting us on the details provided.
How can I find out more?
To find out more contact the House Manager:
|Phone||(03) 6331 0405|
|Location||32 Brisbane Street, Launceston 7250|