QLD Statewide Helpline
Want to find a local contact to receive help in your area? Head to the Vinnies Queensland portal to find services in your local area.
Telephone 1800 VINNIES (1800 846 643)
What is the Helpline?
Our friendly staff and volunteers at the Helpline will put you in touch with our home visitation experts where support may include the following; assistance with a food parcel or a food voucher, clothing, furniture, budget support, possible financial assistance, information and advocacy.
Who can access the Helpline?
Our service is available to everyone; low income earners, unemployed, singles, families, migrants & refugees. If you are in need for any reason please contact us for assistance.
Once our operators have taken some personal details and ascertained your needs we will arrange for a home visitation from our volunteers.
What are the benefits of accessing the Helpline?
There are times when it all gets a bit too much; all the bills have arrived at once, the kids need school shoes, you have just lost your job or illness has left you low.
The Society offers a hand up in difficult times and is a transition service to help get you back on your feet.
Can I volunteer for the Helpline?
Yes, please call 3010 1000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- New or used clothing
- New and used furniture in good condition
- Books in readable condition
- Mattresses (no tears or stains)
- For other items please check with the operator.
- In all cases drivers make the final decision as to suitability of goods
- Drivers will not collect where access is considered too difficult or dangerous
- All small items must be bagged or boxed
- In general we do not accept electrical items but please check with the operator.