Want to find out if we have the Home Maintenance and Modification Program (HMMP) in your area? Head to the Vinnies Queensland portal to find services in your local area.
To find out more or apply for the program, please contact (07) 3231 9000 or email HACC.GC@svdpqld.org.au
What is the Home Maintenance and Modification Program?
The Home Maintenance and Modification Program (HMMP) provides subsidised support with home modifications and maintenance to help people over 65 living at home.
HMMP is funded by the Commonwealth Government under the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP). CHSP is an entry level home help program for older people (over 65) who need some help with daily tasks to live independently at home.
HMMP offers a wide range of services which are carried out by qualified external contractors all of whom have been criminal history screened.
Who can access the Home Maintenance and Modification Program?
Client eligibility is determined by the funding bodies. Clients should be assessed by My Aged Care (1800 200 422). Once a client is deemed eligible for the service a referral will be sent to HMMP for action.
What is covered under the Home Maintenance and Modification Program?
- Simple/Minor - installation of grab/modular rails, ramps and wedges, bed/chair raisers
- Complex/Major – bathroom conversation, large ramps
- Minor electrical - light switch, power point, ceiling fan repair/replacement
- Minor plumbing - dripping tap, leaking pipe, leaking toilet repairs
- Handyman services – light bulb replacement, smoke alarm repair/replacement/installation (installation not applicable for hard wired), installation/replacement of door locks (including deadbolt), fixing/replacing door hinges, re-meshing fly screens (no security screens)
- Ceiling fan/aircon
- Windows (external, low set only)
- Rubbish removal
- Lawn mowing
- Yard tidy
Where is the Home Maintenance and Modification Program located?
This service is provided in the Gold Coast, West Moreton, South Brisbane and Roma areas. To see if the program is available in your suburb click here.
How can I find out more?
To find out more about the Society's home modification program, please contact the program on (07) 3231 9000 or email HACC.GC@svdpqld.org.au
Seeking trades people
If you are a trades person with a passion for making a difference, ideally based on the Gold Coast or Ipswich, please email us HACC.GC@svdpqld.org.au and we will send you an application form.
For a full list of our QLD Helpline Services please click here