Ozanam Learning Centre weekly program of activities
Please find attached the Ozanam Learning Centre programme for the week 21 - 25 October.
If you are or are working with someone who is vision impaired or blind and require a text to speech-friendly version of this information, please call us on 02-9358 8170 and we will send you one via email.
What’s new …
What’s new …
Haircuts for Men on Monday 21 October at 9am – 12pm
Drop in, no appointments. First-come first-served. Peter our hairdresser will be at the OLC to cut men’s hair for his monthly visit on Monday 21 October.
Art Foundations (previously Painting Foundations) on Mondays, 9.30am - 12.30pm/1pm - 3.30pm
All welcome to drop in to this new Art Foundations class at the new time slot.
Tai Chi/Qigong on Mondays from 14 October - 9 December, 2pm - 3pm (no class 21 Oct, 4 & 18 Nov) Updated flyer attached.
Tai Chi Qigong is an ancient Chinese tradition that is practised today as a graceful form of exercise. Class consists of Meditation, relaxation, physical movement, mind-body integration & breathing exercises. It involves a series of movements in a slow, focused manner accompanied by gentle breathing. It is known to calm the mind, reduce stress & anxiety, increase strength & mobility and create a positive state of wellbeing.
Drawing Studio on Tuesdays, 9.30am - 12.30pm/1pm - 3.30pm
All welcome to drop in to Gabrielle’s Drawing Studio all day on Tuesdays.
New Fitness Program at Juanita Nielsen Gym on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9am - 11am from Tuesday 24 September for 10 weeks (Flyer attached)
It’s still possible to register for this new fitness program in person at OLC reception by completing a form. You will meet at the OLC and depart for the gym at 9am. Upon completion of 10 weeks (20 sessions) you will receive a free Juanita Nielsen membership. Men and Women welcome. Please phone 02-93588170 if you require more information.
Anxiety Support Group on Tuesday 22 October, 10am - 12pm
Problems with anxiety? Come and join our support group at the OLC on the second and fourth Tuesday of the month. (Flyer attached with information and dates.)
Bronte Beach, Tuesday 22 October, 11am - 4pm (lunch provided)
Spaces are limited so please call Graham on 93588171 or speak with OLC reception to register for these outings.
Job Readiness Workshop (Metro Assist) Workshop on Friday 25 October at 11am (flyer attached)
Get expert advice on how to prepare for undertaking employment. This monthly workshop gives tips on presentation, communication, employer expectations, understanding workplace culture and more. You can just drop in at 11am on the day or register your interest by phoning 93588170 or speaking with the OLC reception desk.
TAFE Creative Enterprise course at the OLC for 9 weeks from Thursday October 17, 9.30am - 12.30pm (flyer attached)
The course will run for 9 weeks and will be focused on helping students create a business idea, plan and strategy for their creative practice. It is a great course for visual artists, jewellery makers, musicians, film makers or those who have an idea but do not yet have a strategy or consistent practice. Anyone interested please register your interest by speaking with OLC reception on calling 93588170. For any further information please call Laura on 93588156. Interested people will be contacted closer to the date to let them know about enrolment.
A new NA meeting has commenced on Fridays, 9.30am – 10.30am in addition to Wednesday’s meeting.
• Job Support with David - Mondays, 10am – 12pm (Away 21 & 28 October)
• Computer Support with Andrew on Mondays 1pm-3pm, Margaret on Tuesdays 10am – 12.30pm, Mark on Wednesdays 10am – 12.30pm & Peter on Thursdays 1pm – 2.15pm
• Web design with Brian - on Fridays, 1pm - 3pm.
• Literacy with David –Wednesdays 9am - 12pm (on leave back 4 December) & Christine Wednesday 2:15 - 3:15pm
• Milk Crate Theatre– on Tuesdays from 3 September, 1:30-3:30pm- Round 4 from 29 October to 10 December
• ON BREAK - Paint-A-Plate with Eva - Mondays 9.30am - 12.30pm
• Art Foundations with Gabrielle – Mondays, 9.30am-12:30pm/1-3.30pm
• Drawing Studio with Gabrielle – Tuesdays, 9:30am-12:30pm/1-3.30pm
• Pottery with Victoria – Thursdays, 1pm-3pm
• Brett Whitely Studio Program with Luke on Wednesdays, 10am-12.30pm (By appointment) from 9 Oct - 27 Nov
• Mindful Making with Fiona – Thursdays, 10am-11:30pm until 28 November
• Morning Tea on Fridays at 9.30am in the OLC Recreation Area
• Women’s Social Lunch with Trish - Thursdays, 12.30pm – 1.30pm
• Women’s Wardrobe with Belinda & Sonia- Thursdays, 10.30 – 11.30am – By Appointment
• Restorative Yoga with Lesley-Ann - Tuesdays, 2pm – 3pm
• NO CLASS 21 OCT -Tai Chi with Simon –Mondays, 2pm-3pm. Next series runs from 14 October to 9 December (no class 21 Oct, 4 & 18 November)
• NA meetings - Wednesdays, 12pm - 1.30pm & Fridays 9.30am - 10.30am
• SMART Recovery with Suzanne – Thursdays, 10am - 11.30am
• Time To … Café Chat Series with Peter - Tuesdays, 10:30am-12:30pm
• Life Admin and Organisation Space with Laura & Jenna – Mondays, 10am-12pm – By appointment
• Living Skills - Cooking with Laura – Fridays, 10am-12.30pm – everything supplied – eat what you cook
• Living Skills – Baking with Javier – Thursdays, 1pm-3pm–everything supplied
• Living Skills - Urban Gardening with Laura in the Community Garden, Thursday mornings, 10am-12pm. Meet at the OLC at 10am. Participants must wear closed shoes.
• Monthly Pool Table Competition with Collin – First Friday of the month, 11am – 12:30pm
• Monthly Table Tennis Competition with Collin – Last Friday of the month, 1:30pm - 3:30pm (next one Fri 25 Oct)
• Monthly Indoor Cricket with Collin – First Wednesday of the month, 9am-11am
• Monthly Indoor Basketball with Collin – Third Wednesday of the month, 2-3pm
• Gym with Collin, Mon-Fri, 10am-4pm
• Rehab Gym with Collin, Tue-Fri, 8.30am-10am
• Gambling Counselling with William – Wednesdays, 12:45pm - 1:45pm – By appointment
What’s coming up …
Free Hearing Tests by Australian Hearing on Monday 28 October from 10am - 1pm - Appointments and drop in
Finding it hard to hear? Find out if you’re eligible to receive Government subsidised hearing services. Australian Hearing will be at the OLC to conduct free hearing tests and provide information on Monday 28 October from 10am-1pm. Please speak with OLC reception or call 93588170 to book an appointment. All welcome – drop-ins accepted on the day.
LAC/NDIS Fortnightly Information Desk on Tuesday 29 October, 10am - 12pm
LAC (NDIS) will be in the foyer area of the OLC with a fortnightly Outreach Information Desk on Tuesday 15 and 29 October, 10am-12pm. Just drop by and chat with Harry who will be there to meet people, share information, answer your questions and provide assistance.
Milkcrate Theatre Round 4 Workshop series “Your Self in the Scene” on Tuesdays from 29 October – 10 December, 1.30pm - 3.30pm
Join Milk Crate Theatre’s Round 4 workshops. These workshops will develop focus, imagination and a sense of discovery and play to help participants deliver compelling uniquely individual performances.
Monthly Indoor Cricket on Wednesday 6 November, 9am – 11am
Join Chica at the OLC at 9am to walk to Cook & Phillip Park indoor courts for a game of indoor Basketball. Everyone welcome. Monthly on the first Wednesday of the month.