Ozanam Learning Centre weekly program of activities
Please find attached the Ozanam Learning Centre’s programme for the week: 17 - 21 December 2018.
Kindly note that the OLC will be closing at 1pm on Thursday 20th December so there will be no activities after 1pm.
If you are or are working with someone who is vision impaired or blind and require a text to speech friendly version of this information, please call us on 02-9358 8170 and we will send you one via email.
What's new …
SPECIAL EVENTS: Tuesday, 18th December - Time to… with Christmas Carols, 10am-12pm
Wednesday 19th December - Christmas Trivia in the OLC recreation area, 11am-12pm, followed by Christmas BBQ lunch on the MTH rooftop at 12.30pm.
Last one for the year - Haircuts for Men with Peter on Monday 17 December, 9am - 12pm
Drop in, first-come, first-served – for men only.
Literacy with Ben on Mondays, 10am-11am (By appointment)
There are two time slots, 10-10:30am, 10:30-11am to be booked for assistance with English. Please telephone 9358 8170 for a booking.
Followed by …
Japanese Group Lesson with Ben from 11am-12pm, on Mondays
Just drop in to this Japanese group class. Flyer attached.
LAST ONE - Tuesdays Time to … And so this is Christmas & Carols on Tuesday 18 December with Joy, Peter & Syd, 10am-12pm
This “Tuesdays Time to” theme is … And so this is Christmas with Carols. What is the season for you? How do you get through? What do you like or not about it? From 10am-12pm in the OLC Conference Room.
Dogwalking with Graham on Wednesday 19 December, 11am - 4pm. Leaving the OLC at 11am
Call 9358 8170/9358 8171 to register your interest or speak with OLC reception.
Monthly Job Readiness Training (Facilitated by Metro Assist) on Thursday 20 December at 11am
A preparation workshop about entering the workforce. This is a safe space to have all your questions answered. This program offers information on presentation, employer expectations, understanding workplace culture etc. Flyer attached. For expressions of interest please call 02-9358 8170 to register your interest.
LAST ONE - Indoor Cricket at Cook & Phillip Park with Chicca, on Wednesday 19 December 9am-11am – leaving OLC at 9am – BBQ lunch provided
Join Chicca at 9am at the OLC reception on Wednesday for this Indoor Cricket outing to Cook & Phillip Park with a BBQ lunch. Tel OLC on 9358 8170/9358 8171 or speak with Chicca at the OLC for more information. Flyer attached.
- Job Support with David - Mondays, 10am – 12pm
- Computer Support with Andrew, Margaret, Mark and Peter - Monday 1pm – 3pm, Tuesday 10am – 12.30pm, Wednesday 10am – 12.30pm
- Google Docs in One Session (the easy alternative to Word) with Brian - on Fridays, 1pm-3pm
- Literacy One-on-One support with David K. – Wednesdays, 9am – 12pm & with Christine 2.15pm – 3.15pm (Back in January)
- Paint-A-Plate with Eva - Mondays 9.30am - 12.30pm / 1pm-3pm
- Pottery with Luke - Tuesdays, 10am – 3pm
- LAST ONE - Drawing Studio with Gabrielle – Thursdays, 9.30am-12.30pm – 8 November to 20 December
- Art Room Access - Thursdays, 10am – 12.30pm
- LAST ONE - Gardening – Summer in the Garden with Laura at Bourke Street Community Garden, on Wednesdays from 14 November – 19 December, 1pm – 2pm
- Women’s Social Lunch with Trish - Thursdays, 12pm – 1m
- Restorative Yoga with Lesley-Ann - Tuesdays, 2pm – 3pm
- Tai Chi with Simon – Returning in February 2019 on Monday afternoons, 2pm-3pm, starting 4 February.
- Living Skills: Cooking – Fridays, 10am-12pm – everything supplied – eat what you cook
- Monthly Pool Competition with Collin – First Friday of the month, 11am – 12:30pm
- Monthly Table Tennis Competition with Collin – Last Friday of the month, 1:30pm - 3:30pm
- Gym with Collin (Rehab Gym, Regular Gym) – weekly
- Walking in the Domain with Collin – Fridays, 9:30am - 11am
- Gambling Counselling with William – Wednesdays, 12:45pm - 1:45pm – appointments needed
- Counselling with Suzanne (Monday to Thursday) – appointments needed