Ozanam Learning Centre weekly program of activities
Please find attached the Ozanam Learning Centre programme for the week 24 – 28 June.
If you are or are working with someone who is vision impaired or blind and require a text to speech friendly version of this information, please call us on 02-9358 8170 and we will send you one via email.
What’s new …
Haircuts for Men on Monday 24 June, 9am-12pm
Needing a haircut? Peter will be at the OLC on Monday to give free haircuts. First-come, first-served. No appointments.
LAC (Local Area Coordinators) of NDIS Fortnightly Outreach Information Desk on Tuesday 25 June, 10am-12pm
LAC (NDIS) will be in the foyer area of the OLC with a fortnightly Outreach Information Desk on Tuesday 25 June, 10am-12pm. Just drop by and chat with Holly who will be there to meet people and share information and answer your questions and provide assistance. Flyer attached with information.
Pride Party on Tuesday 25 June, 10am-11am
In celebration of Pride month, join us at the OLC. There will be refreshments, music, space to chat and overall good vibes! For any additional info feel free to contact Catherine on 02 9358 8153 or email email@example.com. Everyone is welcome. Flyer attached.
Morning Tea on Wednesdays from 26 June at 9.30am in the OLC Recreation Area
All are invited to the OLC morning tea on Wednesday mornings from 9.30am - in the OLC recreation area. See attached flyer.
Basic French Conversation class on Thursdays from 27 June, 9am-10am
Wanting to learn to speak French? Join William on Thursday mornings for this informal basic French conversation class. Flyer attached.
Monthly Table Tennis Competition on Friday 28 June, 1.30-3.30pm
Join us at the OLC for our Monthly Table Tennis competition in the Recreation Area. Fun to be had, prizes up for grabs, Everyone is welcome. Just turn up and register on the day.
- Job Support with David - Mondays, 10am – 12pm
- Computer Support with Andrew, Margaret, Mark & Peter - Monday 1pm – 3pm, Tuesday 10am – 12.30pm, Wednesday 10am – 12.30pm (Away -returns 17 July) & Thursday 1pm – 3pm
- Computer Support and Google Docs in One Session (the easy alternative to Word) with Brian - on Fridays, 1pm-3pm
- Literacy with David –Wednesdays 9am - 12pm & Christine Wednesday 2:15 - 3:15pm
- ON BREAK - Milk Crate Theatre– returns 20 August to 8 October on Tuesdays, 1:30-3:30pm
- AWAY - BACK IN AUGUST- Paint-A-Plate with Eva - Mondays 9.30am - 12.30pm
- Painting Foundations with Gabrielle – Tuesdays, 9.30am-12:30pm
- Drawing Studio with Gabrielle – Wednesdays, 9:30am-12:30pm
- Women’s Social Lunch with Trish - Thursdays, 12.30pm – 1.30pm
- Women’s Wardrobe with Belinda & Sonia - Thursdays, 10.30 – 11.30am – By Appointment
- Restorative Yoga with Lesley-Ann - Tuesdays, 2pm – 3pm
- LAST ONE - Tai Chi with Simon –Mondays, 2pm-3pm from 29 April to 24 June
- SMART Recovery with Suzanne – Thursdays, 9.30am-11am
- Time To … Café Chat Series with Joy, Syd & Peter, every Tuesday from 10:30am-12:30pm
- Life Admin and Organisation Space with Catherine – Mondays, 10am-12pm – By appointment
- Living Skills - Cooking with Catherine & Laura – Fridays, 10am-12pm – everything supplied – eat what you cook
- ON HOLD UNTIL AUGUST - Living Skills – Baking with Miriam & Javier – Fridays, 1pm-3pm–everything supplied
- Living Skills - Urban Gardening with Laura in the Community Garden, Thursday mornings, 10am-11am. Meet at the OLC at 10am. Participants must wear closed shoes.
- TAFE NSW Introduction to Horticulture Semester II, on Tuesdays from 30 April, 9.30am-12.30pm (Closed session)
- TAFE Creative Enterprise Course on Tuesday 30 April to 2 July, 9:30am-12:30pm every Tuesday (Closed Session)
- Monthly Pool Table Competion with Collin – First Friday of the month, 11am – 12:30pm
- Monthly Table Tennis Competition with Collin – Last Friday of the month, 1:30pm - 3:30pm
- Gym with Collin, Mon-Fri, 10am-4pm
- Rehab Gym with Collin, Tue-Fri, 8.30am-10am
- Gambling Counselling with William – Wednesdays, 12:45pm - 1:45pm – appointments needed
What’s coming up in July…
Anxiety Support Group on Tuesday 2 & 16 July, 10am-12pm
Problems with anxiety? Come and join our support group at the OLC on the first and 3rd Tuesday of the month. (Flyer attached with information and dates.)
Monthly Indoor Cricket Outing with Chica on Wednesday, 3 July, 9am-11am
Join Collin for the Monthly Indoor Cricket outing at Prince Alfred Park Indoor Basketball Courts. Meet and leave from the OLC at 9am. All welcome. Flyer attached.
Outings for July (flyer attached) To register call Graham on 9358 8170 or 93588171
Ten Pin Bowling, Tuesday 2 July, 1pm-4pm
Balmoral Beach, Tuesday 9 July, 1pm-4pm
Bronte Beach & Swim, Tuesday 16 July, 11am-4pm (Lunch provided)
Dog Walking, Tuesday 23 July, 11am-4pm (Lunch provided)
Taronga Zoo Outing, Tuesday 30 July, 10.30am-4pm
Ozanam Learning Centre