Ozanam Learning Centre weekly program of activities
I am attaching the Ozanam Learning Centre’s programme for the week 22 – 26 April.
Please note that the OLC will be closed on Monday 22 April (Easter Monday) and Thursday 25 April (Anzac Day) - Public Holidays
If you are or are working with someone who is vision impaired or blind and require a text to speech friendly version of this information, please call us on 02-9358 8170 and we will send you one via email.
What’s new …
Outing with Graham, Alfred Pool Tuesday 23 April, 1pm-4pm
If you are interested in this outing please speak to OLC reception or call 9358 8171 to book a space. Leaving OLC at 1pm.
Australian Hearing – Free hearing tests on Monday 29 April, 10am-1pm
Finding it hard to hear? Australian Hearing will be at the OLC on Monday 29 April, 10am-1pm, for free hearing tests. Find out if you’re eligible to receive Government-subsidised hearing services. Discover the latest hearing devices and find out which one is right for you. Please see OLC reception or phone 9358 8170 to book a time. Australian Hearing will be at the OLC every 3 months, last Monday of the month. Flyer attached.
LAC (Local Area Coordinators) of NDIS Fortnightly Outreach Information Desk on Tuesday 30 April, 10am-12pm
LAC (NDIS) will be in the foyer area of the OLC with a fortnightly Outreach Information Desk on Tuesday 30 April, 10am-12pm. Just drop by and chat with Holly who will be there to meet people and share information and answer your questions and provide assistance.
Bronte Beach & Swim, Tuesday 30 April, 11am-4pm. Leaving OLC at 11am
To register call Graham on 9358 8170 or 93588171. Spaces limited.
TAFE Creative Enterprise Course – 30 April to 2 July, 9:30am-12:30pm - Expressions of Interest (Flyer attached)
Learn how to turn your creativity into Earning potential – Come up with business ideas, build a business plan, learn effective marketing strategies, build knowledge about online platforms. Register your interest at OLC reception or call Laura on 9358 8156 or email Laura.firstname.lastname@example.org
Film making with Blake, from 10 April – 15 May (6 weeks), Wednesdays 9am-3pm (Flyer attached)
Over 6 weeks you will work collaboratively on 1 short film covering production, filming and editing. Work as a team and share in the magic of film. For any further information please call OLC reception 9358 8170 or contact Laura Frangelli on Laura.email@example.com
- Job Support with David - Mondays, 10am – 12pm
- Computer Support with Andrew, Margaret (away 23 April), Mark & Peter - Monday 1pm – 3pm, Tuesday 10am – 12.30pm & Wednesday 10am – 12.30pm & Thursday 1pm – 3pm (CX Anzac Day 25 April)
- Computer Support and Google Docs in One Session (the easy alternative to Word) with Brian - on Fridays, 1pm-3pm
- Literacy with David –Wednesdays 9am - 12pm & Christine Wednesday 2:15 - 3:15pm (away returns 8 May)
- On Break - Milk Crate Theatre– returns 20 August – 8 October on Tuesdays, 1:30-3:30pm
- Paint-A-Plate with Eva - Mondays 9.30am - 12.30pm
- Painting Foundations with Gabrielle – Tuesdays, 9.30am-12:30pm
- Drawing Studio with Gabrielle – Wednesdays, 9:30am-12:30pm from 3 April for 7 weeks
- Mindful Making with Catherine – Thursdays, 10am-12pm (CX Anzac Day 25 April)
- Art Room Access with Luke – Wednesdays & Thursdays, 1-3pm
- Drum Circle with Alex, returns on Thursday 2 May – 6 June (6 Weeks) 11am-12pm
- Women’s Social Lunch with Trish - Thursdays, 12.30pm – 1.30pm (CX Anzac Day 25 April)
- Women’s Wardrobe with Laura/Belinda - Thursdays, 10.30 – 11.30am – By Appointment – Closed, Reopens 2 May
- Restorative Yoga with Lesley-Ann - Tuesdays, 2pm – 3pm
- Tai Chi with Simon – Next session starts 29 April to 24 June - Mondays, 2pm-3pm
- SMART Recovery with Suzanne – Thursdays, 9.30am-11am (CX Anzac Day 25 April)
- Tuesdays Time To … Coffee, Chill & Chat with Joy, Syd & Peter, every Tuesday from 10am-12pm
- Life Admin and Organisation Space with Catherine and Laura – Mondays, 10am-12pm – By appointment
- Living Skills - Cooking with Catherine & Laura – Fridays, 10am-12pm – everything supplied – eat what you cook
- Living Skills – Baking with Miriam & Javier – Fridays, 1pm-3pm–everything supplied (finishes on 3 May)
- Living Skills - Urban Gardening with Laura in the Community Garden, Thursday mornings, 10am-11am. Meet at the OLC at 10am. Participants must wear closed shoes. (CX Anzac Day 25 April)
- TAFE NSW Introduction to Horticulture Semester 1, on Tuesdays from 26 February to 9 April, 9.30am-12.30pm
- Monthly Pool Table Competition with Collin – First Friday of the month, 11am – 12:30pm
- Monthly Table Tennis Competition with Collin – Last Friday of the month, 1:30pm - 3:30pm
- Juanita Nielsen 10-week Fitness Program with Collin, Tuesdays, 10-11am and Thursdays, 9-11am (CX Anzac Day 25 April) -finishes Tuesday 30 April
- Gym with Collin, Mon-Fri, 10am-4pm
- Rehab Gym with Collin, Tue-Fri, 8.30am-10am
- Walking in the Domain with Collin – Thursdays, 11am – 12pm (CX Anzac Day 25 April)
- Gambling Counselling with William – Wednesdays, 12:45pm - 1:45pm – appointments needed
- Counselling with Suzanne (Monday to Thursday) – appointments needed
- Financial Counselling with Lin – Returns end May
What’s coming up in May…
Indoor Cricket with Chica on Wednesday 1 May, 9am-11am at Cook & Phillip Park Indoor Basketball Courts
Please join Chica for an outing to Cook & Phillip Park Indoor Basketball Courts for Indoor Cricket. Leaving the OLC at 9am. For any enquiries please call or speak to OLC reception – tel 9358 8170. Flyer attached.
Drum Circle returns on Thursday 2 May, 11am-12pm for 6 weeks, every Thursday
Join our Drum Circle for health and wellbeing. Everyone is welcome. Equipment provided - No need to book, just drop in to beat on the drums with Alex, every Thursday morning, 11am-12pm from 2 May – 6 June. (Flyer attached)
Monthly Pool Table Competition on Friday 3 May, 10am-12pm with Chica
Join Collin (Chica) at the Pool table on Friday morning 3 May for the monthly pool table competition (first Friday of the month).
Outings in May-
Ten Pin Bowling, Tuesday 7 May, 1-4pm
Balmoral Beach, Tuesday 14 May, 1-4pm
Dog Walking, Tuesday 21 May, 11am-4pm (Lunch provided)
Bronte Beach & Swim, Tuesday 28 May, 11am-4pm (Lunch provided)
To register call Graham on 9358 8170 or 93588171