Apply For a Bushfire Emergency Relief Payment
Vinnies is committed to helping those affected by the bushfires as they start to rebuild their lives, homes and businesses.
As well as providing relief through the Vinnies Bushfire Appeal and our everyday community services, Vinnies is distributing Emergency Relief Fund (ERF) payments on behalf of the Australian Government.
If you live in Batemans Bay, Bega, Braidwood, Cooma, Eden & Merimbula, Moruya, Narooma, or Tumut, please click here for information on bushfire assistance. For other parts of NSW, continue reading below.
You may be eligible for a $1,000 ERF payment if:
- You live or work in a bushfire-affected postcode listed by the Government
- You are over 18 years old
- You are at imminent risk of being unable to pay a bill
- No person in your household has received an Australian Government Emergency Relief Fund payment from any other charity since 1 January 2020
If you do meet the above criteria, please complete the form below to apply for a $1,000 payment.
If you do not meet the above criteria, but would like assistance from Vinnies, please ring 13 18 12. You can also visit bushfirerecovery.gov.au for information on other assistance available from the Australian Government.
Instructions to submit your application
- Please complete all fields before submitting your application. If any fields are left blank, we are unfortunately unable to process your application.
- At completion of the application, please press the submit button.
- You will receive a confirmation that the form has been submitted. You will receive further updates when we have assessed your application and if you are eligible, when payment has been made.