Find help for bushfire recovery
Please call 13 18 12 to speak with Vinnies members in your local area.
We are working with bushfire-affected communities across the state, find out more about our Vinnies NSW Community Bushfire Grants program.
If you were affected by the Black Summer bushfires in NSW, we are able to offer support including:
- Food and grocery vouchers
- Clothing, blankets and other essentials
- Financial assistance to pay bills or replace damaged items
- Interest-free loans for a variety of household items
- Emotional support and a shoulder to lean on
- Referrals to an extensive network of other providers to cover crisis accommodation
Vinnies volunteer members live and work in local communities affected by bushfires. They know the impact of the fires first-hand and are available to support other community members. You can get in touch with your local Vinnies group by calling us on 13 18 12.
Visit our national updates page for the latest information on how much money has been distributed from donations to the Vinnies Bushfire Appeal.
Help from the government
As well as the help available from Vinnies, various grants and types of assistance are on offer from the NSW Government and Australian Government.
The following links contain useful information and contacts:
- National Bushfire Recovery Agency
- National Recovery and Resilience Agency on Facebook
- NSW Bushfire Customer Care Service
- Bushfire Recovery Assistance Summary from the NSW Office of Emergency Management
- Australian Government Services in Response to the Bushfires Part A: Support for Residents
- Australian Government Services in Response to the Bushfires Part B: Support for Small Business
- Australian Government Services in Response to the Bushfires Part C: Support for Indigenous Residents
Feedback from people we’ve helped
Storm Sparks, Al Bacon and baby Zeke
“Vinnies has been brilliant. The initial emergency funding came through quickly, and the ongoing support has been so important to helping us get through. The personal support is vital and really appreciated.
“The fires have been demoralising for so many people, and it’s important for them not to feel they have to face the future alone.”
“Vinnies’ support has been unbelievable. What you’re doing to help us come to terms with this disaster, and help us plan for the future, is really fantastic.
“Our community is absolutely shattered, but it gives us strength to know we’re not doing it alone.”
Ken and Lorraine Bone
“Vinnies as an organisation has really - I mean, they're great. You can't speak highly enough of them.”
Vinnies NSW Community Bushfire Recovery Grant Program The St Vincent de Paul Society NSW is pleased to announce the list of successful applicants for the third and final round of the Community Bushfire Recovery Grant Program! This round of the Program...