Wills & Bequests
Leaving a gift in your will to the St Vincent de Paul Society is a practical and powerful way to make a difference in improving the lives of future generations.
Ways of leaving a bequest in Tasmania
There are a number of different ways in which you could include a bequest to the St Vincent de Paul Society in your Will.
First and foremost, it is important to ensure that your family are provided for. Once this provision has been made it is possible to include a bequest to the St Vincent de Paul Society in a number of different ways.
- Specific bequests are gifts of particular articles of property, eg a house, shares, furniture etc.
- Pecuniary bequests are gifts of a specific sum of money.
- Contingency bequests are made only when the executor of an estate cannot distribute the estate as planned in the Will.
- Residuary bequests are made up of the remainder of an estate once pecuniary and specific bequests have been distributed.
- A popular way of including a charity in a Will is to include a proportion of the residue of an estate.
For further information regarding Wills & Bequests, contact Merleen Cronin:
Phone: (03) 6333 0822