It’s easy to leave a gift in your will
Should you generously decide to leave a gift in your will to St Vincent de Paul Society Queensland, ask your solicitor to insert the following clause:
I give, devise and bequeath to St Vincent de Paul Society Queensland ABN: 14 211 506 904 presently of 10 Merivale St, South Brisbane, Queensland to be applied for...
- its general charitable purposes to assist those in need; or
- the specific purpose that you would like the gift to be used for; or
- a specific location where the money is to be spent
Then insert details of the gift such as:
- the residuary estate; or
- the percentage of the estate; or
- particulars of the specific item being given; or
- the sum of money being given.
In relation to that gift, I declare that a general charitable intent applies, a receipt signed by a person authorised by St Vincent de Paul Society Queensland shall constitute a full and sufficient discharge to my Executors and my Executors are not obliged to see or enquire into the application of the subject matter of the gift made by me.