Drought Relief ACT
The Drought is Taking Its Toll
Vinnies is supporting our farmers and farming communities who are experiencing the full force of the current drought, by delivering assistance to eligible households, including the administration of the Federal Government's Drought Community Support Initiative (DCSI) to eligible communities in the Canberra/Goulburn region.
If you are eligible for the DCSI funding you may be entitled to up to $2,000 in cash and $1,000 in vouchers or as a direct payment to local businesses. The intent being to maintain spending in local communities.
Households impacted by the drought not currently eligible for DCSI funding, are still encouraged to make contact with the Society's local Drought Coordinator to discuss other funding sources that might be available based on individual situation and location. Please phone 02 6282 2722 or email email@example.com for more information.
How to Apply for DCSI online
Complete the online application form via the link below:
(Note: best completed in Google Chrome or Firefox browsers)
Eligibility Criteria - DCSI
One payment only per household
- To access the funding, you must derive your primary income from farm ownership, or as a farm worker or farm supplier/contractor.
- You MUST not have received this stream of funding from another organisation.
- You must reside in one of the Local Government Areas as listed in the table below.
Eligible Local Government Areas
Bland, Lachlan and Bega Valley Shire councils. *These are the LGA's currently being processed by the Canberra/Goulburn office, please ring 13 18 12 - option 2 if you live outside these LGA's and require assistance.
Handy hints before you begin the application
- Have your proof of residence ready - for the online form you will need to upload a photo or scanned copy of your driver's licence or a rates/utility bill, which clearly shows your name and address; or a printed copy of same for the postal application.
- The $2,000 'cash' component is payable to your nominated bank account by Electronics Funds Transfer (EFT) - so have your bank details ready..
- The $1,000 'voucher' component is payable by EFT to local businesses to pay a bill/invoice - you will need to provide copies of these also (photo/scanned copy for upload, or printed copy for postal application).
When will I receive the payment?
Within a maximum of 21 days, assuming all appropriate paperwork is provided with your application.
How do I find out more?
Contact Vinnies Drought Coordinator on 02 6282 2722