Drought Relief for SA Residents
The Drought is Taking Its Toll in South Australia
Vinnies is supporting our farmers and farming communities who are experiencing the full force of the current drought, by delivering the Federal Government’s Drought Community Support Initiative (DCSI) to communities in South Australia.
If you live in SA and are eligible for the DCSI funding you may be entitled to up to $2,000 in cash and $1,000 in vouchers or as a direct payment to local businesses, with the intent of the latter payment to retain spending in local communities.
One payment only per household
To access the funding, you must derive your primary income from farm ownership, or as a farm worker or farm supplier/contractor.
You must reside in one of the Local Government Areas in SA as listed in the table below.
You MUST not have received this stream of funding from another organisation.
Eligible Local Government Areas
How to Apply
Complete the online application form at the link below, or download a printable form below; complete it and post it to:
Vinnies Drought Relief SA, GPO Box 1804, Adelaide SA 5001
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you begin the application
- Have your proof of residence ready - for the online form you will need to upload a photo or scanned copy of your driver's licence or a utility bill, which clearly shows your name and address; or a printed copy of same for the postal application.
- The $2,000 'cash' component is payable to your nominated bank account by Electronics Funds Transfer (EFT) - so have your bank details ready..
- The $1,000 'voucher' component is payable by EFT to local businesses (maximum 2) to pay a bill/invoice - you will need to provide copies of these also (photo/scanned copy for upload, or printed copy for postal application).
- If you are a Farm worker you will need to provide a letter from your employer confirming this.
- If you are a Farm supplier/contractor you will need to advise the nature of the goods/service you supply.
When will I receive the payment?
Within a maximum of 14 days, assuming all appropriate paperwork is provided with your application.
How do I find out more?
Contact Vinnies on 13 18 12 - selection option 2
Drought Relief in SA - online application form - note: best completed in Google Chrome or Firefox browsers