Home Maintenance and Modification Program - HMMP
Want to find out if we have the Home Maintenance and Modification Program (HMMP) in your area? Head to the Vinnies Queensland portal to find services in your local area.
What is the Home Maintenance and Modification Program?
HMMP is jointly funded by the Commonwealth Government under the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) and the Queensland Government under the Queensland Community Care Program (QCC). CHSP is an entry level home help program for older people (over 65) who need some help with daily tasks to live independently at home. Whereas QCC provides basic support (usually one to five hours per week) to people (under 65) with a disability or condition that restricts their day-to-day living.
HMMP offers a wide range of services which are carried out by qualified external contractors all of whom have been criminal history screened.
Who can access the Home Maintenance and Modification Programâ€‹?
Client eligibility is determined by the funding bodies. Clients over 65 should be assessed by My Aged Care (1800 200 422) and clients under 65 should be assessed by Community Access Point (1800 600 300). Once a client is deemed eligible for the service a referral will be sent to HMMP for action.
What is covered under the Home Maintenance and Modification Programâ€‹?
- Simple/Minor - installation of grab/modular rails, ramps and wedges, bed/chair raisers
- Complex/Major – bathroom conversation, large ramps.
- Minor electrical - light switch, power point, ceiling fan repair/replacement
- Minor plumbing - dripping tap, leaking pipe, leaking toilet repairs
- Handyman services – light bulb replacement, smoke alarm repair/replacement/installation (installation not applicable for hard wired), installation/replacement of door locks (including deadbolt), fixing/replacing door hinges, re-meshing fly screens (no security screens).
- Ceiling fan/aircon
- Windows (external, low set only)
- Rubbish removal.
- Lawn mowing
- Yard tidy.
Where is the Home Maintenance and Modification Program located?
This service is provided in the Gold Coast, West Moreton, South Brisbane, Redlands and Roma areas. To see if the program is available in your suburb click here.
How can I find out more?
To find out more about the Society's home modification program, please contact the program on (07) 5561 4701 or email HACC.GC@svdpqld.org.au
For a full list of our QLD Helpline Services please click here