A compassionate and non-judgemental ear can make a world of difference at difficult times. Our team will first listen to understand your situation and then provide you with the support you need most. Through our Emergency Relief service, we can assist you with access to essentials at times of crisis and refer you to support agencies who can provide the specialist assistance you may need.
Available to people in need of all ages.
You need to have identification.
There is a maximum of 3 visits per year to our Emergency Relief service. If you have already used our service 3 times in a year, and are in need, please contact us regardless and we will see how we can assist.
Type of assistance
- Vouchers for use at supermarkets to purchase groceries
- Vouchers for clothing and household goods from our Vinnies stores
- Advocate on your behalf if you find yourself unable to pay a utility or phone bill
- Referrals to other specialist support services in the community, such as Emergency Accommodation, Financial Counselling
- Spiritual counselling provided by our Conference members
- While our team are not professional counsellors, they are always happy to listen.
Call the Emergency Relief service and make an appointment
When you call, you will be asked some questions, such as:
- Your name and date of birth
- Details of your situation
- What help you need.
Our team member will then explain how we can assist and will make arrangements to complete the steps for you to get the help you need.
Bring these documents to your appointment
When visiting an Emergency Relief centre please make sure to bring these documents, otherwise we may not be able to assist you on the day.
- Your most recent Centrelink income statement
- A form of formal identification, such as a Licence, 18+ Card, Pension Card or Medicare card.
For more information
Call us on 08 8948 8100 or email email@example.com.
Our history of good works is built on providing practical support, but also by extending the hand of friendship.
If you are feeling isolated or lonely, a local member of the Society may assist with a caring chat over the phone or a visit. To contact your nearest Conference and local Society member please click here.