General support and advice
As part of our general support services to the most vulnerable among us, Vinnies has a number of programs that we call our special work.
Our special work includes home visitations, carried out by members of the St Vincent de Paul Society on a voluntary basis. Our members belong to conferences, which are typically parish-based groups of people who respond to calls for assistance from people in need in their local community. Conference members visit people in their homes, in hospitals and in prisons. We try to find the most appropriate response to the needs of that person or their family. This might involve having a friendly chat or it might involve providing information, advocacy, food or food vouchers, clothing, furniture, budget support, assistance with utility bills or back to school costs.
Learn more about home visitations in your area:
- Amelie House Holiday Flats, Woolgoolga
- Caroline Chisholm Centre - Western Sydney
- Community Support Centres - Various locations across Sydney
- Family Assistance Hotline, Parramatta and Blue Mountains Region
- Illawarra High School Support Program
- Loaves and Fishes - Western Sydney
- Mary MacKillop Lodge, North Haven
- Referral Centre, Newcastle
- Rosalie's Garden, Woy Woy
- Tom McGee Holiday Flats, South Coast
- Vinnies Lodge