- About Us
- Get Help
- How to Help
- Social Justice
- News & Media
Homelessness Forum (act)
Homelessness: It’s About You, Can we halve Canberra by 2020? As Canberra celebrates its Centenary, homelessness remains a key civic challenge. A part of the Centenary of Canberra, the forum raises the profile of poverty and homelessness in our community. Can we find new solutions and new approaches by looking afresh at homelessness in Canberra? More...
The St Vincent de Paul Society Canberra/Goulburn Central Council relies on your support and donations to help continue it Good Works.
The Society runs three major Appeals each year.
• The Winter Appeal – begins on 1 May to the 1 August each year
• The Christmas Appeal – begins 1 November through to 1 February each year
• The Annual Doorknock – Runs February to March
Our Annual Appeals assist our volunteers in the local areas – Canberra/Goulburn Central Council Region - to provide basic necessities for people who are struggling on a day to day basis.
All donations are used to provide assistance and make available services such as:
The Vinnies Doorknock Appeal is an annual event in the Archdiocese. Vinnies volunteers and supporters hit the streets in February with the aim of canvassing financial support from the Community.
We invite you to consider making a donation to assist the Society in its “Good Works”.
All donations received are used in the local communities of the Canberra/Goulburn Central Council.
How to donate:
• Make an online donation using your credit card click here
• Make a credit card donation by calling (02) 6282 2722
• To make a donation by cheque, cash, or by another means please call (02) 6282 2722